Author Topic: Rears VS All Pro/Trail gear 3" springs  (Read 9825 times)

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Re: Rears VS All Pro/Trail gear 3" springs
« on: May 24, 2007, 01:06:53 AM »
I would probably stay away from TG springs,I'm not trying to bash them in any way but we HAVE had more than a couple costumers call and say they've ran TGs and have had to replace them a couple times due to them sagging prematurely.Now,the few that I've talked to have all said TG's taken care of them as far as replacing the springs at no extra charge,but the inconvenience of having your truck down a couple days while you pull the springs off,send them back(at your cost for shipping)and waiting for new ones to arrive just doesen't sound appealing to me  :dunno: .Again,that's just my  :twocents: ,NOT TRYING TO BASH THEM...My question is,why do you feel you wouldn't get enough flex out of Marlins or All-Pros?.They're both great springs and I've never had anyone tell me that either one does not flex well.As far as inboarding your existing springs,I'd avoid doing that as well.All that is gonna do is make your truck more top heavy and with a V8 and dana 60s you're gonna have that much more weight,IOW it's gonna be real easy for the truck to flop...In my personal oppinion I would also consider swapping out the rears you have up front,again with a V8 and Dana 60s it's gonna be hard to keep the rig on all 4s.Flex is good but there is such thing as too much flex.I would just buy a set of fronts and rears from either company and call it good.I hope this doesen't turn into a "I have to talk sh** about TG because I'm a member on the Marlin Board" thread.Good luck with what you decide!!!
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com