Author Topic: Missouri/ Kansas/ Illinois/Northern Arkansas area "Friends of Marlin"  (Read 34146 times)

Trail-runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -39
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
No offense but you don't seem to know anything about off road clubs. A multi state club will not work. You would have a hard enough time getting people from the same county together.

No offense taken.  I really don't know anything about off road clubs. I just thought it was a good idea.  I am just starting to get into 4wheeling.  I mainly ride 4 wheel drive ATVs.  My friends and I have made trips to IL, KY, WV,and CO with our ATVs.  We have a lot fun, and there seems to be a larger group every trip we make.  If you have never been to WV, on the Hatfield McCoy trails, I highly recommend it.   They have some extreme trails, the best I've been on.  Some of my friends have chosen to buy Yamaha Rhinos.  They are a great machine, and useful around the house.  I can't see spending $9,000 on a Rhino.  I can spend half that, on a very capable Toyota, and bring my wife and daughter if they want to go.  I understand the popularity of the utility side by sides.  Anybody with a small truck can tow them anywhere. 

I can see your point...trying to finding the time off,  cost, travel involved, and a lot bigger toys to haul.  Distance and cost would be a huge factor.  I have met a lot of nice folks, while riding ATV over the years.  I'm sure the offroad community will be the same.