Author Topic: ** '03 PreRunner --> 4x4 SAS! **  (Read 56605 times)

Revivalist

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 140
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Wheelin' with Him!
    • View Profile
Re: ** '03 PreRunner --> 4x4 SAS! **
« Reply #60 on: Feb 01, 2007, 07:11:39 PM »
Well I got the truck back from Marlin’s last night. . . . Rocky did an awesome job installing those air bumps. He welded some nice pedestals on the axle for strike plates. And he mounted the can low so I can have the airbumps engage right away or if I want I can just slide the airbump upward for more free travel. . . . . Here’s some pics. . .

I like the little gussest on the can too . . .

Evidently Marlin took a look under my truck and noticed that the speedo sensor was about to burn. Somehow it got routed over the exhaust heat shield. So he swapped it out for free! . . . He wouldn’t even let me pay for it. . . . . Man, he’s gotta be one of the nicest guys I know. . . . He said the speedo sensor he put in is a new part he's carrying now that uses pwm rather than the old mechanical ones. Here’s what it looks like . . .

We’re gonna hold off on tubbing the firewall until I drop the body lift. That way we only cut what is necessary. . . .

As for the add-a-leaf, I think using a leaf out of the old front packs should work. The old pack still seems to have a nice arch. . . .

I’m thinking I’ll take out the third leaf down. . . .  It’s about 19” from the center pin to the front, and 23” from the pin to the rear. . . .

Looking at the rear leaf pack on my truck, the third leaf is 21” from the center pin to the front. The leaf just below it is 18”. So if I put the add-a-leaf between those, it will end just about where my finger is . . . .

In the back, the third leaf down is 23” from the center pin to the rear. So the add-a-leaf will just end at the same place. . . .

It looks like I can still use the same U-bolts since the height of the bolts above the nuts is greater than the thickness of an extra leaf. . . . So does that seem like something that will work? . . . .

The only thing I need is a longer center pin. . . . Can I find that at a local Napa or something? . . .
Check out our new organization, Outdoor Enthusiasts! It's a new and exciting way to raise money for trail supporting organizations! The best part is that you support trails without spending any new money!