Author Topic: VERY IMPORTANT  (Read 5082 times)

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: VERY IMPORTANT
« on: Feb 11, 2006, 03:41:13 PM »
everyone look out for this email address. motorsparts_auto@yahoo.co.uk. He goes by the name of Peter Reiss and he "lives" in canada. I had my truck for sale on this website, and he emailed me about it. he later sent me a $7,000 check for it and it later came back as a fraud check. now im in debt with my bank nearly $7,000. I dont want anyone else getting screwed by this guy so just keep you eye out for him and check all checks you recieve from anyone. thanks

No offense, but I honestly don't understand how people are still falling victim to these scams.  It didn't strike you as odd that he supposedly lived in canada but his email address is from the UK?  That would be the first alarm.  Second, I never accept a check from anybody I don't know for any substantial amount of money.  If they want it they can either send me a money order from a recongnisable bank, and wait till I have it checked out, or they can hand me a wad of cash.  I hope this is another one of those where somebody gets screwed and everybody learns a lesson at their expense.  I'm sorry you're out the money, and hope that you will be persistent enough with your bank to get your money back, at some point they have to give in and re-emburse you for this.  They should have a way to absorb it themselves as a company rather than you as a smaller individual, and should be able to write it off somehow.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!