Author Topic: Muhammad cartoon and general rants regarding the state of the world!  (Read 21673 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Muhammad cartoon
« Reply #30 on: Feb 05, 2006, 11:35:23 PM »
:yikes: 

Awesome posts some of you!! 

Personally, I think the offenses over the cartoons are a load of crap.  I am Christian, and I will admit, I don't like to see a bible torn in half, or anything along that nature, but I am not going to start some major :bull crap: because it rubs me the wrong way.  I'm not the one who has tu suffer for those actions when I'm standing before God. (if you don't beleive in God, I'm not sorry if I offended you by the way)

As for understanding the middle eastern cultures and religion, why? :dunno:  Their "religious" teachings are not about converting the infidels or anything along those lines.  According to them, you submit to their power, and their rules, or you die.  They care about as much for their own people as they do for the "western devils". 

You can try to understand it all you want, but when you get blown up as you're hugging the dude, and "understanding" his plight and way of life, you aren't going to get any sympathy from me.

There is an interesting article that was in the WSJ in january that some of you may be interestedin that I think relates, and is pretty scary.  Its a bit long, but I encourage you all to read it. 

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110007760
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent