Author Topic: Muhammad cartoon and general rants regarding the state of the world!  (Read 21592 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Muhammad cartoon
« on: Feb 04, 2006, 11:52:35 AM »
Depicting Mohammed is strictly prohibited in Islam (it is seen as idolatry - a wrong that also finds dictates in both Judiasm and Christianity).

Ah well that splains that. :thumbs: thanks for the enlightenment, not that it makes me care any more or less.

It is very offensive. I would compare it to some of the stuff Marilyn Manson pulled in the US. Like ripping a Bible in two during the MTV VMAs.
Not offensive to me, just an attention getting stunt, that's what Marliyn Manson is all about.

The fact that everyone thinks its no big deal illustrates a remarkable ignorance of Middle Eastern culture.
Ignorance is one thing, not giving a rats :moon: about middle eastern culture, or any other culture different from ours, is an entirely different story.
If you have a desire to learn more about other cultures, more power to you.  But just because people don't have a desire to learn about other cultures doesn't make them ignorant, just uninterested. Last time I looked it was not a requirement to know how people live in other countries or what their beliefs are.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: