Author Topic: Question about schooling  (Read 6727 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Question about schooling
« Reply #30 on: Dec 31, 2005, 01:23:55 PM »

Damn dude that sounds a lot like me. I am 16. I left traditional High school and started at the technical college taking both high school and technical classes. I figure I will be ok because I will get a regular HS diploma and a degree in automotive repair at the same time when I'm 19. I have heard a lot of BS about this from my friends and people my age, but have gotten praise from adults about it. It also helps that one of my best friends made the transition with me, but he is in the position to flunk out at the moment. I just need to get my nose to the grindstone and finish it up I am catching senioritis early. At least that's what my ex gf tells me all the time.

I think what you are doing is great, I didn't have that choice when I was in school. I don't know why they don't have this for everyone. If they would have offered this type of technical assistance  when I was in HS I would have gone for it. We had a German exchange student and she told us this is how Germany works, she said our schooling system was for the birds. From what she said you go to school and just keep going until you know what you want to be and then are able to pursue that career without having a HS diploma so you basicaly end up certified in the career you desire and if you ever decide to change that idea you can do that also.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you