Author Topic: Scary Stuff  (Read 210583 times)

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1293
  • Male Posts: 537
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
Re: Scary Stuff
« Reply #1050 on: Nov 12, 2021, 09:49:08 AM »
Molnupiravir

"Antiviral medication". "Ribonucleacide analog that works by disrupting the replication of the virus by causing a huge number of mutations as the virus replicates so that the virus connot continue to progress and cause worsening symptoms."

Hmmm, I don't like the idea of causing mutations in a proven deadly pathogen. Ivermectin blocks the production of proteins within the viral cell. Causing mass mutations says to me many different mutations and doesn't specify a typical mutation motor. I see potential to mutate a virus to a much more infective agent.

Don't use the word "mutate" as a means to destroy something that mutates to survive.

Then they talk about "mutagenicity", "the potential to cause permanent changes in genetic material." During the clinical trial men and women were told to abstain from sexual intercourse or use contraception while taking the drug and for four days after. HOLY CRAP! People refuse to follow directions! This can be our next Thalidamide wave! I was excited about a drug that could be good for fighting a viral infection, but this is scary. Think about this tidbit. Sperm can survive for weeks in the male apparatus, so 4 days isn't enough time to get all the little olympic swimmers evicted. The ova are set in number and may be afffected en masse in the ovary effectively rendering women that use such a drug a VERY poor choice for reproducing. Yet another drug being released without properly evaluating long term effects.

From what I've seen on this one it's not a good idea unless you have decided to not have any more or any offspring.

I'm such a negative Nellie.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2021, 10:19:15 AM by sirdeuce »
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.