Author Topic: Gross Polluter in CA  (Read 3033 times)

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1293
  • Male Posts: 537
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
Re: Gross Polluter in CA
« on: Sep 21, 2021, 12:10:21 PM »
So, took this little truck to an exhaust shop since the cat wasn't going to fit. I didn't like the U-bolt clamps to seal up the slip joints in the "universal" exhaust system, so I hd the guy weld up all the joints. The cat was about 5" too long so the guy ended up taking about 5" off it's total length and flanging up both ends. All installed, it has a pretty tight fit, the headers are within 1/2" of the frame rails and torsion bars. I think I'll wrap the torsion bar. Sound is pretty quiet at idle and cruise with an acceptable noise level under power. There is a bit of a raspy note when gettin' on it. Hearders are looking good and had no issues with the install. T the pipe from the header flange was pretty tight and has U-bolt clamps to hold it together. I recommend welding that piece up. For the cat? don't waste your money on direct fit, the flanges don't fit, and likely too long or short. For the cat back I would just have a shop fab it up, probably cost less and the Magnaflow muff in the LC kit can be improved upon. If I had done a little more research I would have just had a shop fab the exhaust with mandrel bends and used a Dynomax muff.

Now to see if it'll pass smog.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.