Author Topic: LCE distributor worth it?  (Read 2845 times)

Gnarly4X

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,271
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: LCE distributor worth it?
« on: Aug 16, 2017, 04:46:24 AM »
I would go oem on both

Those 2 parts are obviously important.  I’d have trouble justifying the cost of the LC product, although they are most likely very high quality.  I would tend to stay away from the Autozone stuff and remanufactured parts, especially for the disty – mainly for the advance curve specs.

I’d tend to stick with OEM, it’s a safe choice.

Be careful whenever you read or hear someone say “OE”.

The acronyms OE and OEM are often tossed around together.  OE, in many circles, means Original Equivalent.  OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer.  There can be a big difference!  OEM typically means the part is manufactured by the same “original” manufacturer, and source, so it meets the same exact specs. 

OE can also mean Original Equipment.  Meaning that the part is the exact same part, made by the same source, that came on the original vehicle at the time of manufacturing.  If you go to your local car dealership and have them install a new windshield, they will only install OE (Original Equipment - if its still available), same as what the vehicle came with from the factory.

OE can also mean Original EQUIVALENT and does NOT mean it was manufactured by the same manufacturer, source, or meets the same exact specifications as the OEM or Original Equipment.

The other term, of course, is “aftermarket” - that typically has nothing to do with the manufacturing source of Original Equipment or Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Gnarls.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2017, 04:54:49 AM by Gnarly4X »
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein