Author Topic: Common approach to lengthening front driveshaft  (Read 31677 times)

jmac80

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 144
  • Male Posts: 184
  • Member since Sep '15
  • DD and trail rider
    • View Profile
when I did this mod, my vice was on the garage floor, it was a few years ago, I just followed the direction in that link, just remember to get all needle bearing out of cap before installing washers, I didn't hurt the rubber seal at all.

I think you've now convinced me to go buy a vise.  I'm out of town this weekend but will run over there during lunch one day next week.  Probably buy one from the guy in far back corner so that I can carry it all the way out....what's a vise weigh, like 5lbs? :gap:

Let my die grinder come in and give me a chance to get a vise and I'll post up how everything went.  In the mean time I'll get the crud out of the yolk holes/cap interface and spray some lube down in there to sit.

So do the washers sit on the outer circumference of the cap or do they fit down in the cap and get stacked up through the cap where the pin would sit during normal assembly? .....are you following my question

I used to work at that big brick building at the corner of 23rd and e 7th, it used to be the sf chronicle, Oakland hub. pretty close to the park street bridge going into alameda

I'm on the Harbor Bay part of Alameda a couple doors down from the Raiders HQ/practice field on the waterfront/tidal marsh area.  I often go to Park St for lunch though.  Just work though, the apt is over by Lake Merritt.

i may have a square front d shaft if you really want one...i think after i link i can run a stock one..

Much appreciated  :bowdown:, but I'm going to try and use what I got, especially since OCD donated the shaft to me and I put $130 into getting it shortened/balanced.  If things go to hell, I may need to revisit your offer.
1980 long bed; 20R; L52; 3" OME; 30-spline Marfields; Marlin high steer; PS; AC