Author Topic: The Official 3RZ Knowledge and Database Thread  (Read 916916 times)

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
Couple of head scratchers for the knowledge base.

1. I have a unconnected port on my EVAP that I have been trying to find a home for since I got this swap done. I recently attempted to tap into what I thought was a vacuum line but I recently found out while researching my steering box problems (I'll get to that). That it is actually a idle up line that is triggered from steering input. So I have replaced the line that I had spliced into and am now back to having this port hooked up to nothing. I understand that in the stock setting it is plumbed into the plumbing before the throttle body. I'm wondering if I'm good to just splice into a proper vacuum nearby like I had initially planned when I did this or if there is a better place to run a line from to this evap port. Pictures below:

The port in question:

This was my previous "fix" which really wasn't one after all:

2. My other question is regarding my mass air flow hookups. I have the main hookup connected to my mass air flow, however there is a secondary hookup that the guys who did my swap don't have hooked up to anything and simply have taped down to the wire harness of the main hookup. What is this suppose to hook up to and what is it causing by not having it hooked up? The part in question:

3. My last question is in regards to power steering. I am having an issue with my 3RZ swap in that I have a very hard time steering when the weight is on the front of the vehicle when wheeling and when in rocks. I am hearing a audible whining to go with the difficulty steering. I am reading that a common swap is to put in a TC style pump out of a jeep or the PSC kit. I'm looking for advice in this department as to what to do to solve it. Would love to hear from some of you that have solved the same problem. Thanks as always fellas!  :beerchug: