Author Topic: Project Undertow *2RZ Turbo Crawler*  (Read 88780 times)

Tungsten Slayer

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Member since Aug '11
    • View Profile
Re: Project Undertow *2RZ Turbo Crawler*
« Reply #360 on: Dec 16, 2014, 11:03:57 PM »
Be interesting to see how much boost you can run before you loose throttle control and just have power and unwanted tire spin from the turbo hit. Never ran a turbo but it seems that the torque/power hits hard all at once???? I ran a big block built for low end in a wheeler and all it seemed to want to do is spin 35" tires. I think you need to be able to control it/spin. My ideal power/torque curve would be like a giant electric motor smooth and consistent at all rpm's. Seems most of the high boost RZ's are all about drag racing performance. Oh yeah forgot to mention manifold tubing parts are on the way.  :greengrin:

I will be really happy if I ever reach that point where it cooks the tires when I look @ the skinny peddle.  I have noticed that the boost does seem to creep up instead of just pegging out @ my wopping 4 psi.  Of course if there is a lot of load its usually full boost immediately, but it is so controllable and smooth.  Turbo size will help dictate when the power kicks in.  I went for a small turbo that spools at low rpm because it has such a small hot side.  The guys going balls to the nuts have bigger hot side probably to allow more heat and burnt air fuel volume to escape is my guess?  They probably have a higher stall converter so they would have higher rpm before a load is put on the motor causing boost to spike.. I dunno, just thinking on paper at this point.  It's fun you won't regret it, that is all you need to know right now, I'll be watching for this manifold build! :sofa: