Author Topic: Swamp Lk, Red Mt trails later this week  (Read 3416 times)

hytenor

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -7
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
Re: Swamp Lk, Red Mt trails later this week
« on: Jul 29, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »
Ran Swamp, West, Strawberry, Red/Coyote and Mirror from Thus-Sun.  had a great time and met a bunch of great wheelers!

Trails were all in good shape...very little trash to pick up!  Swamp and Strawberry were a little rougher than the last time I was there...'09 and '06 respectively.
Minor carnage @ Swamp Lk Thus...had to put in the spare rear DL due to driver error and got a tad too close to a tree with the Dr side cab that will 'pop' out...eventually. :p

bad part:  couple of kids, both with female passengers in bright orange rigs...one '90s Yota with a V8 and a Chebby were bombing through trails and Sand Flat Fri and Sat.  The Chev was parked, broke (rear diff, two tires) a couple hundred yards past Coyote's gatekeeper.  no plates on the truck so couldn't report them.  Group coming out of Coyote (early Yota, couple of Jeeps) told me they picked up a bunch of trash left by these 'kids' @ or near Coyote  :mad:

I walked over to Betty Lk along the Swamp Lk trail to see if it had fish...nope, too shallow not to freeze solid.  Next time I'll check out Virginia.
Was too tired to fish Swamp and had repairs to do Fri. morning so...next time.  The one group there had some luck but not much.
I fished Strawberry on Sat. for a while but the huge group that was in there had most of the fish diving for cover :p
Sadly, fishing @ Mirror is no longer what it used to be...all plants that I and others caught.  It seems the beautiful natives that used to be there are gone.
Didn't fish Red or Coyote this time, just went in/out.

Not much in the way of mosquitoes but they were there if you didn't have repellant on.

My neck and shoulders are killing me :p
back to work tomorrow.