Author Topic: Coyote, Swamp, ect.  (Read 2623 times)

donkeykong

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -159
  • Member since Jun '03
  • My truck and a nice trail...that's all I need
    • View Profile
Coyote, Swamp, ect.
« on: Jun 06, 2005, 03:56:43 PM »
Does any body have a clue when these trails will open up this season?  Getting anxious to get out and  :driving:  ...

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Re: Coyote, Swamp, ect.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2005, 04:34:39 PM »
Thought I heard 4th of Julyish. Might check with the Prather forrest service.
"between projects"

donkeykong [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2005, 03:14:04 PM »
Only one responce...no one else has heard anything yet not even rumors...a hunch, anything

nu106

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 550
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2005, 03:21:59 PM »
I talked to the tatted Forest Ranger (Andrew) at the Mountain Toppers run last month... He was saying that it looks like Swamp and Dusy might not even open until late July or early August.. ..

Looks like a short wheeling year this year
̿̾ͮͧͣ̍͛̽ͨ͏̬̲̮̦̖͓͇̺̥̪̖͡ͅ ̸̢͚̻̞͔͇̞̲͛̀͒ͪ̇̌̓̋ͅ ͪ̉ͯ̔̄̾ͥͬͮ҉̸͔̥̤͓̙̙̠̺̕ ̴̡̢̳̮͎̙̤̳́̄̋͋ͪ̇͋̓͋͐ͬ̾ͨ̋́̌̌͟͞ ̗̹̲̬̬̭̼̹͔̗̽ͫ͋͐ͮ̎̏ͭ͑ͨ̔̿͒̔ͦ͛́̀́́̚͞͠ ͚̻̱͎̙̗̎̋̄̓ͪ̏ͣ͊ͮͯ̂̎̋͌͆̐̀̀ ̨͙̬̼̙̲̳̟̿ͭ͆̈͋̄̍ͭ͟ ̵̡̛̙̯̺̪̲̙̱̳̜̲̮͚̘̥͙̦͆ͮ͒̑͒ͤͪ͐́͘ͅ ̧̡̨͓̪̬̘̊̎ͧ͌͒̂̏̄̀͢ ̡̡̤͔͓̙̩͕͓̲̥̰̥̹͇̉̑͛̒̀ͭͩ̐̀ ̂͂ͪ̌͆̐ͯͣ͊̾̿̆̎҉̭̭͎͓̤̤͇͕̯̫̭̟͇͢͡͠ ̸̻̩̬̳̘͍̑ͮͭ̏̿͆̒̅͛̈͞ͅ▲̴̷͙̫͚̣̝͔͇̰̜͎̖͓̣͕̫̺̮̉̅ͥͤ͋̅ͦͬ͌͛̇̂͞͠ͅ
̸̢̧̮͇̠̮̖͋ͭ̈͂ͦ͛̚͢͝ ̸̧̫̗̥͉̝͇̌͛ͭͩ͌͊ͮ̃̌ͮ̄̑͂ͤ̕̕͢ ̶̨̩͍̝̮͙̤͉͎̙̠̪͖̩̠͚̜̹̋̀̇̈̓͊͊̐̆̾̎ͧ̐͋̿̈ͥ́̚̚ ̂̒̉ͩͧ̔̈ͯ̉͝҉̢̣͇̜͓͘ ̴̠̞͙̱̯̗͍̠͎̺̘̠̟͙ͭ̑̔̃́ͮ̒ͪͭ͛ͣ̈͆͠͡ ̶̷̭̜͙̙̜̲͉̝̝͋ͬͨͧ ̢ͦ̄̎̏̄̈́̈́̔ͥ̅̕͞͏̝͓̟̣̼͉̬̪̣̼̪͎͝ ͬ̉͂҉̴͓̜͇̥̬͕̼̤̪̻̭̼̟̲̼̭͚͘͟͠ ̭̲̻̭̖̭̖͎͔̦̣̱͔̘̖͔͉̎̽ͤ̔̅̈ͣͩ͗ͨͮ̐̈́̇̅ͮͪ̚͘͟͠ͅͅ ̴̺͔̯͈̓̾̅̓̑ͮ̒͐ͫ̈́̌͛́̈͊̇ͯ͊́͝

moutaintoys

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -63
  • Male Posts: 358
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2005, 08:37:35 PM »
only bart man knows he open the trails for all of us
Lets go break somethin "GO NAVY"

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2005, 11:41:31 PM »
Angelo has a cabin up at Courtright and the people who open up the area are telling him that it might not even open at all this year, and he said that if that happens then he's afraid that Dusy won't open either :nerv:

I've got two buddies going into Red Lake this Sunday, so I will talk to them on Monday and see how it goes :thumbs:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

nu106

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2005, 08:41:41 AM »
Angelo has a cabin up at Courtright and the people who open up the area are telling him that it might not even open at all this year, and he said that if that happens then he's afraid that Dusy won't open either :nerv:

I've got two buddies going into Red Lake this Sunday, so I will talk to them on Monday and see how it goes :thumbs:

Hey Mike did you get a chance to talk to your buddies about Red and Coyote Lake ?
̿̾ͮͧͣ̍͛̽ͨ͏̬̲̮̦̖͓͇̺̥̪̖͡ͅ ̸̢͚̻̞͔͇̞̲͛̀͒ͪ̇̌̓̋ͅ ͪ̉ͯ̔̄̾ͥͬͮ҉̸͔̥̤͓̙̙̠̺̕ ̴̡̢̳̮͎̙̤̳́̄̋͋ͪ̇͋̓͋͐ͬ̾ͨ̋́̌̌͟͞ ̗̹̲̬̬̭̼̹͔̗̽ͫ͋͐ͮ̎̏ͭ͑ͨ̔̿͒̔ͦ͛́̀́́̚͞͠ ͚̻̱͎̙̗̎̋̄̓ͪ̏ͣ͊ͮͯ̂̎̋͌͆̐̀̀ ̨͙̬̼̙̲̳̟̿ͭ͆̈͋̄̍ͭ͟ ̵̡̛̙̯̺̪̲̙̱̳̜̲̮͚̘̥͙̦͆ͮ͒̑͒ͤͪ͐́͘ͅ ̧̡̨͓̪̬̘̊̎ͧ͌͒̂̏̄̀͢ ̡̡̤͔͓̙̩͕͓̲̥̰̥̹͇̉̑͛̒̀ͭͩ̐̀ ̂͂ͪ̌͆̐ͯͣ͊̾̿̆̎҉̭̭͎͓̤̤͇͕̯̫̭̟͇͢͡͠ ̸̻̩̬̳̘͍̑ͮͭ̏̿͆̒̅͛̈͞ͅ▲̴̷͙̫͚̣̝͔͇̰̜͎̖͓̣͕̫̺̮̉̅ͥͤ͋̅ͦͬ͌͛̇̂͞͠ͅ
̸̢̧̮͇̠̮̖͋ͭ̈͂ͦ͛̚͢͝ ̸̧̫̗̥͉̝͇̌͛ͭͩ͌͊ͮ̃̌ͮ̄̑͂ͤ̕̕͢ ̶̨̩͍̝̮͙̤͉͎̙̠̪͖̩̠͚̜̹̋̀̇̈̓͊͊̐̆̾̎ͧ̐͋̿̈ͥ́̚̚ ̂̒̉ͩͧ̔̈ͯ̉͝҉̢̣͇̜͓͘ ̴̠̞͙̱̯̗͍̠͎̺̘̠̟͙ͭ̑̔̃́ͮ̒ͪͭ͛ͣ̈͆͠͡ ̶̷̭̜͙̙̜̲͉̝̝͋ͬͨͧ ̢ͦ̄̎̏̄̈́̈́̔ͥ̅̕͞͏̝͓̟̣̼͉̬̪̣̼̪͎͝ ͬ̉͂҉̴͓̜͇̥̬͕̼̤̪̻̭̼̟̲̼̭͚͘͟͠ ̭̲̻̭̖̭̖͎͔̦̣̱͔̘̖͔͉̎̽ͤ̔̅̈ͣͩ͗ͨͮ̐̈́̇̅ͮͪ̚͘͟͠ͅͅ ̴̺͔̯͈̓̾̅̓̑ͮ̒͐ͫ̈́̌͛́̈͊̇ͯ͊́͝

BirdDog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 284
  • Male Posts: 239
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:29:39 PM »
I went to a meeting tonight and at the meeting there were 2 guys that just hiked into coyote from the gate that is the first one you come to after the Corrals. Its not good news. There are still drifts in  the trail that are  approx 10 -12 feet . They said that  Sand Flats has about 3 feet  of snow. Also that they didnt touch much dirt the whole way in. :rivers:  I think they are planning on a recheck in about 2 weeks but by the sounds of it . Usually when Red is opened it takes about another 2 weeks before they can open Coyote. Then it is usually afew weeks after that when Swamp and Dusy can be opened. Of course this is all subject to the weather. I Hope I get to see Coyote Lake in July. :crossed:

donkeykong [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2005, 12:08:15 PM »
 :yikes:  :yikes:

this sucks I want to go  :driving:  now

BirdDog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 284
  • Male Posts: 239
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2005, 06:05:12 PM »
 :smack:  Oh Yah I forgot they said that Between the sandflats and the Coyote gate that there was about 6 trees down on the trail. A couple of them are pretty large ones.  :sad2:

nu106

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 15, 2005, 06:19:17 PM »
wow thats a lot of snow for the middle of june !!!

Coyote has to be one of my favorite trails ....  maybe I should buy a snowmobile  :eyebrow: