Author Topic: Diane, aka Lady Di was in a motorcycle wreck  (Read 20390 times)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Diane, aka Lady Di was in a motorcycle wreck
« on: May 16, 2016, 11:41:00 AM »
I have talked to her sister and she has a head injury and as last I heard was in critical condition.   :down:
Her boyfriend Bryan was also critical.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3744
  • Male Posts: 623
  • Member since Jun '15
  • GREEN NAME MAN BAD!
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
Re: Diane, aka Lady Di was in a motorcycle wreck
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 11:44:43 AM »
Yikes! that's not good to hear at all. My family wishes her the best and she will remain in our prayers.
:)bestgen4runner [12:45 PM]:   I am so stupid.

Truer words have never been spoken...

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 4173
  • Male Posts: 1,030
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Thermobaric Urban Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 03:54:50 PM »
flop!, Was she wearing a helmet? Hope she pulls through.  :crossed:

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 04:59:59 PM »
flop!, Was she wearing a helmet? Hope she pulls through.  :crossed:
Seriously. Is she still in Florida and is it a law there?

I used to ride here in California and disliked the helmet law very much. That said I was happy to wear one. But for short trips to the grocery store or whatever I wished I didn't have to bother with it. But then you read about head injuries and man..... Glad I always wore mine law or no law.

She is in my prayers Glen, thank you for sharing.

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8292
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 05:20:45 PM »
Thinking about them, hoping for the best. Used to enjoy talking to her on here in the past.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 05:38:22 PM »
yea they didnt have helmets on.  and I am pretty sure its legal there.
yes, still in Florida
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 07:09:48 PM »
Seriously. Is she still in Florida and is it a law there?

I used to ride here in California and disliked the helmet law very much. That said I was happy to wear one. But for short trips to the grocery store or whatever I wished I didn't have to bother with it. But then you read about head injuries and man..... Glad I always wore mine law or no law.

She is in my prayers Glen, thank you for sharing.

BigMike

In FL, helmets are not required.

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 2,338
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 07:39:07 PM »
That sucks really bad. Head injuries are no joke. I see them like crazy at the hospital I work at and how devistating they can be, even from a small fall. I hope they both recover well .
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 08:32:23 PM »
Dianes sister says its not looking good :(

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »
Dianes sister says its not looking good :(

Glen, I'm not on here much these days...

Man this sucks...I know a lot of people think it's a hassle to wear a helmet or it doesn't look cool. Wearing a helmet is a lot less hassle than this and much cooler as well.

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
I agree.  going to bed,  I'm exhausted.  Between Diane, my friends in Texas (cancer is eating her alive), my chiropractors wife also has cancer and isnt doing well at all. and another friend found out he has leukemia
:wall:

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
we need to help Diane I guess by making this the Get better Diane thread.

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
ok, that was creepy. 

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Fingers crossed everything works out well for her  :crossed:

This has always bothered me to no end.  I remember my dad riding without a helmet in california when I was little and it bothered me.  I used to be anti on bicycles but never without on a motorbike.  I've now hit my head twice on the street, once at a very high rate of speed and once while in first gear.  The first time I would have died, and had and still have semi-serious issues because of it, and the second time would've had serious head trauma had I not had on the helmet, despite still being in first gear.  And as for your short trip theory, I was a couple miles from home and had only ridden 80 feet away from a friend's house.

And while my group of mountain bike friends all wear helmets, I'm the only one who wears a full faced helmet 100% of the time.  It gets warm in the summer, but I can ride with greater confidence knowing I'm very well protected. 

As Drew said, head injuries are no joke. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Hope Diane and Bryan are ok!

with accidents, they say they usually happen within 25 miles of your house.... I have been in far too many accidents I care to recall, and most of them, were within that window....
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:29:58 PM by jimbo74 »
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
I have some news but its not good.

I'm Bryan's daughter. Unfortunately, without her next of kin here, we have not been able to get much info for Diane. What we do know is Diane suffered severe head trauma and has had three surgeries to stop brain bleeds. She is not in good shape right now. Her family is in route to her and will notify friends when they can.

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 2,338
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
I have some news but its not good.

:sad2: brain bleeds are no joke. Hopefully they were able to decompress her and stop any bleeding before she herniates
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Oh man.....
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Slabzilla

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1355
  • Male Posts: 539
  • Member since Dec '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
My Greatest Hopes, Wishes and Prayers for both of them for full recovery. Being a Cali' rider and been down on my helmet more than once, I know they saved me.  My heart is with them.  Come back to us!  :turtle:
'85 Xtra-cab, 4.5" Downey Off-Road lift, 12-15 KM2's on American Racing Baja's, Marlin's-4.88's & 4.7's, Downey Off-Road CAI, Marlin rear bumper & sliders

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Does not sound good at all but I'm hoping for the best possible outcome.   :crossed:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
:down: I was hoping when her brother got there that he might share something but he doesnt seem at all inclined to do so. :(

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
I finally got word from her boyfriends family that her family removed her from life support earlier and she passed away.   Rest in Peace my dear friend

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
Damn... That sucks.

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
So sorry to hear   :sad2:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

helipilot77

• Online The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,727
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
Our community has lost one of its greatest members. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.  :sad2:
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2016, 06:15:24 AM by helipilot77 »
-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
EVERY time I lose a friend in a motorcycle accident (and I've lost more than I can count on my hands) I find it harder and harder to bite by tongue and refrain from expressing my opinions on the subject.     :rivers:

RIP Diane
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
RIP  :sad2:

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
What a loss.  We will keep them in our prayers.  Should we be flinging some cash at them?
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Such a sad day!  Diane was our friend, mother, sister, the sneaky devil and saint, she would listen and talk to you as a friend.  Like I posted on FB Glen, I have been missing her not being on here for along time now.  And now its even more so. 

I have her last Roundup shirt, I sent her cheese and she sent me the shirt.  (on a side note, I have Dean's 4thewkn's last Roundup shirt too!!)

She was a true Marlin member.  Including posting her boobies covered with Marlin stickers!  And I can understand why she stepped away from Marlin, but she left ALOT of family when she did.  And now, she has really stepped away, and I will greatly miss her! 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
This is so sad. She was a decent person, straight shooter and she had balls. RIP Diane.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)