Author Topic: I hit a deer with the 1st gen!  (Read 6842 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: I hit a deer with the 1st gen!
« Reply #30 on: Sep 28, 2015, 10:13:27 AM »

I wish he woulda jumped for 2 reasons; 1 - my front end would be ok, and 2 - he would mashed my windshield but woulda been caught in the rollbar  :shhh:

HA good point! :yupyup: :shhh:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

kneedownnate [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sep 29, 2015, 12:06:32 AM »
Just ordered right and left fender marker lights, new lenses for the corners of the headlight doors, grille clips, a couple dome light lenses since mine went literally to powder, and a couple other little things I wanted while at it.  I'd like to buy new headlight doors but am afraid to know what they'd cost  :ack:

Gonna pull the radiator soon and see what I can pull straight in there  :crossed:  Almost looks like I may need to replace the drivers side hood hinge
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sep 30, 2015, 09:03:12 PM »
 :psss:  somebody needs to get crackin on this, the 2wd is none too happy being drug around the woods hunting, and we may actually get rain soon  :crossed:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sep 30, 2015, 10:15:24 PM »
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Jagdverband44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 155
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sep 30, 2015, 11:01:42 PM »
Just stumbled on this. There was just an 82 long box in the North San Jose Pick n Pull that had a perfect body and a sticker that said it was a Toyota service vehicle. The engine and trans were gone and someone gutted the front axle BUT same exact color as your with perfect hood, fenders, bumper and grill. Might still be there. Sorry about your truck its always a bad feeling when you have to wake up to mangled metal or in my case, rusty metal. Hope you get it figured out. :beer:
I've got the most liftedest truck in town, that little jap truck done stand no chance gainst my Chevy. My Chevy gots a V8 more lift an bigger tires,and an exhaust system, whats yer tuna can got, a V4, and them tires look like they is offa Saturn Corulla. The dealer instulled my lift, so ya no its done right, you just try to foller me throo them rocks an see what a reel truck can do.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Oct 01, 2015, 10:02:23 PM »
Thanks, it is still plenty driveable if I felt like slapping stuff back together once I get my new lights.  Only thing I am worried about would the the radiator, but that's easy enough to drop off on lunch and pick up the next day.  Kinda need to pull it soon anyway to see what all I can pull out myself.
RIP KYOTA

Jagdverband44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 155
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
I've got the most liftedest truck in town, that little jap truck done stand no chance gainst my Chevy. My Chevy gots a V8 more lift an bigger tires,and an exhaust system, whats yer tuna can got, a V4, and them tires look like they is offa Saturn Corulla. The dealer instulled my lift, so ya no its done right, you just try to foller me throo them rocks an see what a reel truck can do.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Oct 04, 2015, 10:31:24 PM »
Appreciate it, but that would be a downgrade for me!  I have a very thick and tall (had to adjust hood stops higher and massage lower corners of radiator) 3 row wolverine?  My hope would be to retain it, seeing as how I was running around on the hottest days of summer loaded 3-4 times as heavy in the bed as it is rated for, and without a fan shroud to properly direct air flow, and it still ran super cool the whole time.  I have been incredibly impressed with this radiator ever since installing it.
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Oct 17, 2015, 11:29:26 PM »
Dropped off the radiator tuesday and was supposed to have it back by yesterday, but work was ridiculously busy and I forgot to call them.  Otherwise, slow progress is being made on the bodywork.  But still, progress.  Just a tiny bit more and I could install the radiator, swap the hood and have it going again.  Here's hoping the radiator shop comes through for me on monday  :crossed:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Oct 18, 2015, 08:15:02 PM »
Got core support straight enough today to re-install headlights and their doors, and passenger fender.  Have the 12-14 year old optima on trickle charger to raise it back to life (was only sitting at 11.7v from lack of use) and will hopefully have radiator tomorrow.  Hoping to remember to grab my wheels/tires and mount my 31s at work tomorrow, too.

Wasn't able to get passenger side core support back to where it needed to be, but since I'm using the factory jack and pieces of wood propped against the shock tower, I'm surprised I got it as close as it is.  I'll have a better feel for how it lined up after I swap hoods
RIP KYOTA

firemanpig

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 108
  • Member since Jan '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Feb 21, 2016, 02:08:48 PM »
The Deer crossing on the interstate is there cuz we love roadkill silly
Everyone starts out life with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of knowledge.  The goal is to fill your bag of knowledge before your luck runs out.