How do you get your pictures this size?
This is a good question.
There are two ways to append images to a post.
First, using our forum's build-in attachment system. Some notes:
1) To conserve our server's hard disk space, we limit the size of attached images (current limit is 140 KB per image).
2) The images are resized by the end-user's browser (using CSS = Cascade Style Sheet) to only display at up to a pre-defined maximum width (I believe it's set to a maximum width of 800 pixels).
3) All attachments will appear below the post.
The other method is to forum code (BBC = Bulletin Board Code) to pull images directly from other servers. Some notes:
1) Doesn't use any of our server's disk space.
2) Doesn't use any of our server's bandwidth (we have unlimited bandwidth, but the less used results in a faster browsing experience so it helps our site load faster overall)
3) The image can appear ANYWHERE you place it!
That one I posted is linked from an off-site server (Facebook). To do this you use the opening and closing IMG tags as follows:
The image I posted was done using this:
You can take it a step further and define width and/or height values (measured in pixels).
For example, to display the above image as 280 pixels wide, you'd use this:
Will result in this:
And as you can see I inserted the IMG code above this sentence so the image appears where I desire it to rather than below this post (which would have happened had I used the built-in attachment system).
ps. That thumbs smiley above was posted using IMG code rather than Smiley code. For example: