• Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
New Guy
« on: Apr 27, 2015, 06:25:27 PM »
Hey there,

My rig is an 87 FJ60, and here is a brief list of what I have done so far:
SOA (w/ marlin highsteer!), longfields, aussie up front, 4:56 gears, 35s (saving up for 37s), ARB front w/ warn m10000, custom rear bumper, MAF sliders, h55f, ruffstuff tracbar, and lots of other little things.

link to my build thread on MUD: http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/mcguires-87-fj60-build-soa-wheeling-pics-and-more.789450/

Future plans consist of the following:
12h-t swap (getting the motor May 11th), 4.7 toy box, ARBs front and rear, 37s w/ beadlocks as stated above, make a drawer system, better shocks (billsteins), replace stock FJ62 springs w/ OME springs, and a few other ods and ends. My plan is to attend TLCA MOAB, and Rubithon runs in a few years, and I feel like these are a necessity to keep up out there with the big dogs! Well maybe a few are personal preferences like the motor, drawers, and 37s... But I pride myself with driving too and from wheeling spots/events and would like to keep doing so without keeping the thirsty 2f satisfied.

I live in central Texas outside of Austin, and have attended the Lone Star Roundup the past 2 years in Mason,Tx. I actually met Marlin this past March there and got to check out his rig! Pretty cool stuff.

I know this is an intro, but I have a quick question. How does one go about getting a toy box? I noticed that online it says not available, but was wondering if it is a "make as needed" kind of deal. I am not ready to buy one at the moment, so I didn't want to call and waste anyones time... But it is one of my near future upgrades, mainly to *try* and prevent breaking stuff on the trail. It will be mated to my h55f and stock t-case (87 model).

I can't figure out how to upload pics, but there are a bunch in my MUD thread.

-McGuire Johnson

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2015, 01:29:47 PM »
Wow, nice rig.  :welcome:  to Marland
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2015, 08:48:01 PM »
 :welcome:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

toe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -60
  • Male Posts: 1,693
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
 :welcome:
Me

mcguirejohnson [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails