Author Topic: Toyota Heater Core Hose Routing  (Read 6552 times)

lostbuckaroo

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 44
  • Member since Jan '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Toyota Heater Core Hose Routing
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:09:19 AM »
Ok so I've done a bunch of searching on the net and have found conflicting information... I'm pretty sure the way I have the hoses routed now is backwards.

Can you tell me if this is the case??

I have the hose coming off the drivers side lower pipe going to the the drivers side heater core inlet (the one with the valve that connects to the in cab heater control).. Then I have the passenger side heater core connected to a coolant nipple on the top of my intake manifold (20r manifold) this is the nipple that was previously connected to the stock carb.... control valve, (I'm assuming this was some kind of choke control valve)

Info: I'm running the got propane setup... so the return line (tube) on the pass side of the block (back of the water pump) is connected to the propane mixer... I do not have one of these tubes on the drivers side...

All emissions are deleted.. or blocked off...

Heater hose on the control valve is going to the inlet nipple on the steel return tube

passenger side heater core connected to the top of the intake manifold.

TMex

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota Heater Core Hose Routing
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:52:21 PM »
The hose you have coming out of the top of the manifold should be coming from a fitting on the side of the head.
In your last picture you can see the block off plate under the PCV hose that replaced the fitting that should go there. The one on the head not the one for the EGR. I don't think the flow from the top of the manifold would be enough to run your heater. The other routing is the same as stock.
By the way the piping on the manifold was to heat the choke mechanism that used to be there.