Author Topic: 85Runner, 4x4, Driveline Grease Locations  (Read 828 times)

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
85Runner, 4x4, Driveline Grease Locations
« on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
It appears I do not have the same total locations as the FSM indicates.  Here are the pics of the locations I have found.

Rear Diff Spider - 1 Zerk, nothing on the 'inside, in-between the joints'. You cant exactly tell from the pic, but I looked, and spun and looked, etc.  Nothing inside.

Double Cardon Behind T-Case - 3 Zerks

Double Cardon Front of T-Case - 2 Zerks? (Technically no Zerks there, see image)

Front Diff Spider and Yolk - 2 Zerks Found (Same deal with the Front Spider as the Rear, only a single Zerk location)

That is a total of 8 Grease Points.  The FSM indicates I should have 10 for the Driveline.  I am guessing because I have a 2nd T-Case  the Rear Drive Shaft (being shorter) is not the 'sliding yolk' style, but solid from Double Cardon to Rear Diff Spider.

Also, the Double Cardon in front of the T-Case doesn't look like an actual Double Cardon, and it only has 2 potential locations.  As you can see from the pic either the Zerks are missing or I need to be using a different hitting in order to grease them.

I might be using the wrong terms, but the photos are labeled correctly flowing from the Rear to the Front.

What am I missing if anything?  :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:
If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: 85Runner, 4x4, Driveline Grease Locations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2013, 06:01:31 PM »
I've seen that same thing in different years, some have the zerks and some don't, with how much we have to swap and search for good parts these days you'd have to have the FSM's for all years to see which ones you actually have.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
Re: 85Runner, 4x4, Driveline Grease Locations
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2013, 06:15:49 PM »
pics 1 and 4--the zerk in the DL yoke is designed to grease the slide in the shaft.

pics 2 and 3-- different brands of ujoint. hard to tell from the pic if 3 is plugs or if you need a needlepoint adapter.

"  I am guessing because I have a 2nd T-Case  the Rear Drive Shaft (being shorter) is not the 'sliding yolk' style, but solid from Double Cardon to Rear Diff Spider."
Are you trying to tell us you have a solid driveline, with no slip anywhere? congratulations on creating a truck that has zero suspension.