Author Topic: Red 1986 Toyota Turbo 4x4, Stolen San Diego 5/24  (Read 5430 times)

jt 80 1/2 4x4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Red 1986 Toyota Turbo 4x4, Stolen San Diego 5/24
« on: May 26, 2013, 01:30:26 AM »
Hi,

My 1986 Red Toyota 4x4 Turbo Truck was stolen early yesterday morning from San Diego. Please if any one sees it to contact the San Diego Police Department.
I guess I need to write more posts to put up photos. It has military stickers on the front left windsheld, Yokahama 265/75/16 geolander a/t with black stock 16" steel wheels from a early year t100,back right axle is missing stud, still has orange turbo sticker on tail gate, also has shinny basani muffler in stock position with 2.5 exhaust. Most likely will end in the worst, but hoping for the best. Also just finished a cheap plywood bed cover with unistrut around bed rail so wood would slide in like a drawer.
Maybe I will do a post a day so I can put up pictures.

jt 80 1/2 4x4 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Plate# 8S53042

Dingman.

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
Hey man sorry to hear that.  I hope you find it.

With that said go to photobucket and upload photos to your account and post the "[img] " code here

jt 80 1/2 4x4 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help
@Dingman
This is the last condition it was in after the rebuilt I did on it.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:10:11 PM by jt 80 1/2 4x4 »

jt 80 1/2 4x4 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Just about to pay the registration on it so the tags expire this June.

jt 80 1/2 4x4 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
The police had found it  :D  luckily the thieves wanted plates,tires/rims, stereo and speakers plus little things. Will be back on the road soon with more theft protection and new plates.

cen-cal crawler

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 10
  • Male Posts: 690
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
The police had found it  :D  luckily the thieves wanted plates,tires/rims, stereo and speakers plus little things. Will be back on the road soon with more theft protection and new plates.
wow your the luckiest toyota owner eeeevvvverrrrr! Glad you got her back she is gorgeous. Wish there was a way to make the punks pay for stealing it.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Good to hear you got her back so quickly. 

If you haven't come across it yet, the Autolock is about as a good a mechanical locking theft device you can get.  I run them on all my Toys, along with other theft deterrents, in a tiered set-up.  Thieves are lazy and the harder you make your rig to be stolen, the less likely they will bother with it.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

monyman

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 259
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
Wow!! I'm surprised and grateful that you got it back period, and especially with such little damage. That's great! :beerchug:
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
As close to the border you are, you are really lucky. 

Email Seabass, he is a electrical guru, and can give you input on how to make it harder for them to drive off with your rig. 
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63352.0

info@12voltguy.com
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

jt 80 1/2 4x4 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Here is the condition that the police found it.

jt 80 1/2 4x4 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Now dealing with Insurance on issue and very frustrating. Anyone have any info on how much 1986 toyota 4x4 turbo went for vs 1986 toyota 4x4 22re?

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
With a different transmission, transfercase, ecu, and gauges, I would assume around $2000 more.  A search of difference in prices between an '87 gt and gte(turbo) may shed some light on it.

Is the insurance company trying to total the rig?  From the pics it looks like it only needs tires.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.

89 runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 38
  • Male Posts: 190
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
my 1987 4runner SR5, 22RE sold for 14699.00 in 1987
1997 3RZ 4runner DD
1987 4runner 3RZ project
1986 4runner 22re stock

jt 80 1/2 4x4 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Yes, they are saying that the price of what was stolen is over a certain dollar amount then they look as the car as a whole, and consider it a total loss claim.
Still don't understand it totally I am worried about it being a salvage title and having insurance issues with it for the future.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Here is NADA's value for your truck
http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1987/Toyota/Standard/Turbo-4X4/Values
there isn't a turbo listing for '86 model years.  If you didn't have a high end stereo, it is hard to believe the value of stolen items is more than the trucks high end value with as clean as it was. 

There shouldn't be an issue with insurance for a salvaged vehicle, it may hurt you some with possible buyers, but most wont likely care.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
The best way to get the true value of your truck is to search either online or in newspapers, grab 4 or five you find and print them out. Submit this honest value to the insurance company (average all the vehicles you submit) and in order to keep it from becoming a salvage back off of the add-ons you may be trying to get out of it unless you originally declared the value when you got your insurance. If you did not declare the add-ons your insurance goes off the stock value sans the add-ons. If the add-ons exceed your value or even the towing and storage they will total the truck. Just try to get what you can before they would total it. If you are dealing with a insurance adjuster sometimes you can get them to work with you on keeping it from becoming a total.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
To ins, its just a $1500 truck.  Doesn't matter what you have on, in, or have added to it.  Unless you have it all declared on insurance before it was stolen.  Stereos, aftermarket tires and wheels, don't mean crap unless you have them insured extra.  I'd go online, and figure out a price to get it rolling.  $50 rollers, $25 stereo/speaker from Wallymart, and any little things needed.  Generally, ins will figure that if anything adds up to more than 75% more than the vehicles total value, it will be considered totaled. 

This is what Insurance sees!
$1500 truck
 -700 tires
 -300 wheels
 -500 misc.   (toy parts aren't cheap used, DMV, towing, storage fees)
 -300 stereo
     $$$$$

Get the picture?

I'd go bare minimum, find some rollers for cheap, screw the stereo, and can you drive it without the little crap?  Yeah you will need new plates, call DMV and see what thats gonna cost.  Heck if you lived closer I'd give you some tires and wheels to get it going to help a brother out.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
With the pics he has of it prior to it being stolen the adjuster can't start out with the lowest value, he has to start out closer to the $3500 range.

As Rocksurfer mentioned, do your own research, collect comparable trucks to yours and asking prices for your area, then add about $1000-1500 if they are a non-turbo models.  These prices along with with NADA and KBB pricing guides is what you need to base your argument on when arguing over its value with the claims adjuster.

Backwood

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Got lucky man
Iron sharpends iron.

Draga5one0

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Dec '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
That sucks! my truck was taken also exactly like yours 87 turbo red but I heard my exhaust at 3:am, so went looking for it found it 45 minutes later they where cruising it so the chase began....