Author Topic: Project: Return to the Sespe  (Read 664 times)

syvyota

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1
  • Member since Mar '13
  • he did it!
    • View Profile
Project: Return to the Sespe
« on: Mar 23, 2013, 03:56:55 PM »
1980 yota on D60 rear D44 3/4 front, all leaf sprung for now. 350 sb sm465 trans an np205 transfercase, curently on mok up 37s. when i started this project my welding was up to snuff but my fab wasn't so after a couple years without touching this rig and learning more do to my profession its time to get this truck rolling.

a ruff start i know, but i moved and got inspired. because im gunna run a V8 i gotta stiffen up the frame with these 3/16" flatbar for a good base for motor mounts.

before the rear spring hangers were just mounted on the frame, the springs sat out of square and it looked like crap!  :reg:

now they are recessed into the frame and added some gussets to the rear shock hoop
my wheelbase is now noticeably way to long for my end goal so i took 12" out of the frame and got my wheelbase down to 106"

i made up some fish plates out of 1/4" flatbar for where i spliced the frame back together.

much better

the rear shocks were binding so i changed it up a bit.

finished product for rear shock mount.

p.s. that piece D.O.M. tubing has a full pen weld.
trans and transfercase

front suspension is working harder that the rear, either because of lack of weight or the front springs are way to soft.
once i get all the boat stuff off this 350 is droppen in!
7 day bender and i still made it to work on time!