Author Topic: misterious puddling on passenger floor board...  (Read 2263 times)

82.1st.gen

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 37
  • Male Posts: 52
  • Member since Jul '08
    • View Profile
misterious puddling on passenger floor board...
« on: Mar 05, 2013, 08:12:54 PM »
Checked all drain plugs cleaned valance and everything i could think of  windshield seal is good checked the sunroof  everything is sealed good and i still get water on the floor board of my truck... any one else have this problem? My truck is  a 92 ex cab
1992 Toyota 4x4 sr5 auto/3.0 swapped to r150f 5 speed and 3.0 swapped for 02 3.4!

toe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -60
  • Male Posts: 1,693
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
Quit scaring the piss out of your passengers............

:cheese:
Me

T.Rex

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Mar '10
    • View Profile
Ac leaking the drain tube for your ac is clogged

T.Rex

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Mar '10
    • View Profile
Evaporator housing tube. Couldn't think of what is was called earlier. Hope it helps

bleakhorizon

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 803
  • Member since Jul '07
  • I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    • View Profile
assuming not coolant?........... i have a mystery leak on my 91........  only leaks when i rains HARD... i just drain the rubber floor mat every other day... lol
Those are some huge welds!

Tillamook, OR

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8461
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
If it is coolant it is the heater core
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

Coopie

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
My windshield looked like it was sealed fine, but I eventually found the leak to be coming from the top of the windshield. It was just a drop every couple minutes, but it would leave a huge puddle overnight.

82.1st.gen [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 37
  • Male Posts: 52
  • Member since Jul '08
    • View Profile
Its not coolant. Ill check the evap tube i dont think it could be anything from the ac system i tore all that out when i did my 3.4 swap and ill double triple check the windsheild. And like  bleakhorizon it only does it when its pissin down rain.
1992 Toyota 4x4 sr5 auto/3.0 swapped to r150f 5 speed and 3.0 swapped for 02 3.4!

camhays556

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 498
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
mine makes a puddle when it rains hard to. its the windshield seal

DRTYLUVN

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Member since Oct '11
    • View Profile
my uncles 85 runner had the same problem

ended up he was leaking from the antenna hole (where the antenna cable goes thru, out the cab and up the fender)
we sealed the antenna mount at the fender but it was still leaking thru

well it was the same hole that it was coming thru but we noticed that when it rains hard enough the vents on the front top of the cab (where the bottom of the windshield is) would fill up and overflow (Dont know why it wouldnt drain) and the water would come down the antenna cable coming inside into the cab

you couldnt see where it was comin from and it would just puddle
well it came down right next to the ecu on the passenger side, with rubber/plastics removed from that area you can see it flow like a creek lol

we didnt/couldnt fix it, i told him just make sure to remember to pull the drain plug on the floor when it rains

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
My old Nissan would leak water only when it would rain so hard, that the cowl intake drain would be overwhelmed to the point that the water would pour into the heater intake. 

I get some seepage in my 87, and it comes from the rear window gasket, and on the passenger front.  It's not alot, just enough to kinda get you all bent once in a while.  Then I think back to my old El Camino, it was like Niagara falls when it rained from the heater.  And would rain on me from the sunroof. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen