Author Topic: Real facts on possible assault weapons ban  (Read 1656 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Real facts on possible assault weapons ban
« on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:35:17 PM »
Please only post what you believe to be factual, along with a link to where you found it, not opinion or hearsay.  Just want a thread where we can go to keep up on the facts.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Re: Real facts on possible assault weapons ban
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2012, 07:20:41 PM »
Well I know the facts. First off the first assault weapons ban( AWB) didnt really do much. It was always legal to own them, sell them and buy them. Same thing for high cap mags.
It did make it illegal to make new ones for sale.
The problem is, the ban did not change the form or function of the guns. It only changed certain traits.
It stated a assault weapon is a gun that has a flash hider, folding stock, bayonet lug, a receiver that accepts high cap mags, and has a pistol grip. But you can have two of said items and its not a assault weapon. So they ditch everything but the receiver and pistol grip. You now have a legal gun and a gun that is pretty much the same before the ban.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »
Im curious myself, subscribed thanks nate

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2012, 10:50:01 PM »
Slight highjack, but a great resource to draw from for anyone who wants to counter anti-gun sentiment.

I just got done reading this book. Highly recommend it. Basically outlines how the war on drugs is a failure and increases crime, gun control does not prevent or lessen gun violence, and taking guns away from law abiding citizens doesn't stop criminals from getting guns among other criminology issues. It is so expensive because it is a text book used in many university criminology courses. It basically shows how the people that do the research, including LEOs via various legislation or documented police anti-crime studies, and criminology researchers are ignored by those who write the policies. So basically what we here already knew. Good source for a ton of empirical evidence and studies for why gun control doesn't work.

http://www.amazon.com/Sense-Nonsense-About-Crime-Communities/dp/049580987X/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356158584&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=sense+and+sensibility+about+drugs
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

kneedownnate [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2012, 01:51:19 PM »
One post removed due to having nothing to do with this thread.  Please keep it on topic  ;)
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:06:03 PM »
http://www.awbinfo.com/

Website being compiled by a high school classmate of mine.  Still a work in progress, but so far so good
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent