Author Topic: New To The Marlin Forum  (Read 1251 times)

njyota93

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 6
  • Member since Oct '12
  • NJ4WD
    • View Profile
New To The Marlin Forum
« on: Oct 12, 2012, 10:58:15 PM »
I have 2 1993 Toyota trucks V6. One is an SR5 extended cap with SAS. When I first built it I was following the direction of a friend and bought all my upgrade parts from the other guy. I have sagging springs and the steering components are shot. I will be replacing with Marlin and AllPro. I replaced the auto transmission with a 5 speed and dual cases with twin stick. I went with 5.29 gears and Detroit Lockers front and back. Running 37" Goodyear MTR. Have tube doors fr when  it is nice.

The other truck is a 1993 standard cab with the 22RE. Stock suspension. This truck has the bench seats, this thing is horrible!!

We bought this from a local Toyota dealer after my son swiped a Mustang and jump the Rav4 over a telephone pole. The sub frame was badly damaged. Well he made out good for totaling a car.

We bought it as is, which is fine. I also learned that you do not  believe carfax!!!! :shake_head:  It did not show that the engine was replaced with a Jasper Engine. It seems to be good so far no problems. We knew it would need an exhaust sooner or later. Well it was needed soon. To add to it the radiator, brake lines and frame needed replacing too!! :scared:

Well the brake lines eroded along the frame along side the gas tank. Of course we had to cut and hack the bed bolts off. When the bed was off we noticed massive holes on both sides. :headscratch:
Well some maintenance items turned into a project that I just was not ready for financially or mentally!!!
We removed the gas tank, well of course the fuel lines were corroded so that had to be replaced.

The frame was clear of rot alnong with a spring puch, both shock mounts and crossbar where the gas tank attaches.

It is on the road, need new shocks and ball joint. Son wants a SAS, but he will have to wait for that. He will have to roll on the 33" tires for a while.

I would love to get an older 4runner for wife ti drive!! She will have to lern to drive stick. I see her still driving the VW Golf TDI!! I guess I will have to drive another fine Toyota 4WD!! :eyebrow:

I look forward to reach the number of posts that will allow me to share photos, I would love to get some feed back on my rigs!!

I also look forward to meeting more Toyota 4WD owners who share my enthusiasm for these rigs!!

Hope to see some of you out on the trail! :driving:

toe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -60
  • Male Posts: 1,693
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
Re: New To The Marlin Forum
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
 :welcome:
Me

Rocksurfer