Author Topic: 1995 Toyota 4runner SR5 A/C crawler SAS Clean Lockers Crawler gears FRESNO, CA  (Read 10506 times)

jeffs84runner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Mar '03
  • Oh, What a Felling!!!
    • View Profile
Sold!!!!

Sold!!!!

I've only put 2,000 miles in almost a year and a half.  I am selling to buy and build up an FZJ80, (so possible trades considered).  I bought this truck already built by the previous owner, and he put only 5k miles since build, mostly highway.  I bought it 2k miles ago, and I've taken it to Bald Mountain twice in the last year and a half.  Winch has never been used!  The same previous owner that built it put in a 91 rebuilt motor, (new timing belt, water pump and tensioner were replaced too).  When I did the most recent tune up in June 2012 cyliner compression was 175-190 in all 6 cylinders.  Motor runs strong for the 2nd gen 3.0L.  It doesn't burn or leak any fluids. 

Vehicle;
1995 4runner SR5 original white and pin striping, PW, PL, PM, Air conditioner blows cold, everything works, clean title, clean carfax, (not a salvaged vehicle!), with 3.0 liter V6 with 5 speed transmission. The under carriage is rust free and very clean.  The interior is very clean except for a tear in the drivers seat.  The body is the original paint with no sign of accidents.  There is 207k miles on odometer.  I have "Plasti-Dip'd" the chrome on mirrors, grill, (while removed), rear license frame, and Centerline wheels.   This can be simply peeled off.  The only prep prior to Plasti-Dip was degreasing, so no damage from sanding was done.

Transmission and transfer case;
R150 Transmission to Marlin V6 adapter plate mated to 1985 top shift transfer case with a set of trail gear 23 spline 4.7 lowered tcase gears.

Front Suspension;
TG IFS eliminator 4" lift kit with Bilstein 5150 upgraded shocks; (Front Leaf Springs, High Steer Crossover Steering Kit, Front Drop Hanger with Greasable Bolts, Greasable 5" Shackles, Frame Tubes & Jigs, Steering Stabilizer Kit, U bolt Flip Kit, Shock Hoops (2), Bilstein Shocks (2), Front Brake Lines (2), Vented Rotors (2) Bumpstop Extensions (2), Wheel Spacers (2), Bumpstops (2), Front Axle Gusset, Axle Diff Armor, Knuckle Service Kit, Wheel Bearing Kit (2), Motor Mount Cover Plates, Spring Pad).
Plus 1985 Front axle.  Trail Gear "assembled 3rd member" - (complete 3rd member with 5.29 Ring and pinion gears, and Detroit Locker).  Longfield ringed birfields, and weld on diff armor and upper gusset. Long spline front drive line assembled with an 85 front shaft.  Front axle rebuilt 6 months ago.

Rear suspension;
1995 rear axle. TG classic rear 4 inch lift kit, coil eliminator kit with Bilstein 5150 upgraded shocks; ( 56" Long Rear Leaf Springs, Welded Rear Spring Hangers, Rear Shackle Mounts, Greasable Rear 5" Shackles, 12" Bilstein Shocks, Shock Mounts, U-Bolt Flip Kit, Extended Brake Line, Spring Perches, Greasable Spring Bolts & Bushings).
Plus TG "assembled 3rd member" - (complete V6 3rd with 5.29 R&P gear ratio, and Detroit Locker). Weld-on diff armor.

Steering;
IFS steering box, high crossover steering done correctly so you have full travel, drag link and tie rod do not hit!

Armor;
Marlincrawler new 4runner rear bumper with full side frame contact points
Marlin Sliders welded to frame with gusset supports
TG Front bumper w/o hoop
Warn M8000 winch, brand new.
Allpro Offroads X-Member crossmember with driveline disc brake installed

Tires and Wheels;
315 75 R16 BFG KM2 Mud Tires on Centerline rims (Plasti-'d black). Tires were new at 200,500 miles

Viar on board air system

Pioneer CD / DVD Navigation stereo

Last owner had following work done since 9/2010
Within the last 2 years previous owner had Odyssey battery and new clutch installed

This truck has been great to me so far.  Drives straight down the road, (sways a bit in the turns with no anti-sway bar :-), and drives great on the highway.  Since I've owned it I've changed engine oil changed in June 2011 @ 205,300 miles and May 2012 @ 207,134 miles with 10/30 mobil 1 synthetic.  All 4 boxes topped off with GL-5.  Recent tune up, NGK BKR5EYA plugs, Denso wires, rotor and cap. Front axle rebuilt using Marlin kit 2/2011 to factory specs. New front brake pads @ 205k miles.  New radiator core @ 207,155 miles.  Clean carfax from when I bought it in hand.  Two sets of Keys and Fobs.  Also as said above; I have "Plasti-Dip'd" the chrome on mirrors, grill, (while removed), rear license frame, and Centerline wheels.   This can be simply peeled off.  The only prep prior to Plasti-Dip was degreasing, so no damage from sanding was done.

Asking $9200 OBO I am willing to trade either for an FZJ80, or 4 door tacoma.

Email me at jeffmackey1 at hotmail.com

Key words - rockcrawler rock marlin tg trail, A/C AC conditioning, nav

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2012, 07:22:07 PM by jeffs84runner »
1984 4runner sold :-(
1997 FZJ80 sold :-(
1995 SAS'd 4runner sold :-(
Current Whip 1996 LX450

Rubicon Tested, Mother Approved...

Buy Marlin!

Toy-Cra-Ze

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Jan '11
    • View Profile
Very nice and clean rig!! Good luck with the sale. What is that plasti dip stuff looks pretty cool i would like to do the grill and stuff on my truck.

sempertoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Member since Jul '11
    • View Profile
Looks awesome! Very clean.

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
the cruiser is still available ;-]
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

jeffs84runner [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '03
  • Oh, What a Felling!!!
    • View Profile
the cruiser is still available ;-]

So tempting.  I would love me a 40!
Current Whip 1996 LX450

Buy Marlin!

Yotaholic

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jul '10
    • View Profile
How does it handle getting on freeway going up grades?

jeffs84runner [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '03
  • Oh, What a Felling!!!
    • View Profile
How does it handle getting on freeway going up grades?

Very good.  If you saw the compression #'s above, and add the fact it has been properly geared for 35's  with 5.29's, it can't get much better...  Let me know if you want to come take it for a test drive!
Current Whip 1996 LX450

Buy Marlin!

Yotaholic

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jul '10
    • View Profile

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...