Author Topic: whistlin dixie, 85 stretched, d60 14bolt, turbo diesel  (Read 28218 times)

1985CRAWLER

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 267
  • Male Posts: 1,163
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Backyard Built
    • View Profile
Re: 85, First build. some wheelin pics
« Reply #120 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
wow man,after reading this from page 1 and now seeing it,all i can say is good work!!!those 39s look huge on your rig compared to those tiny 33s you started with.Nice doved tail!awesome build man,proves that the only way to learn is to grab that wrench a :greengrin:nd dive into it.MY first build being my 85 runner i can really relate to you! :thumbs:
low n' slow 85 runner SR5 22re,rcvs ,Duals,5.29s,Detroits f&r,40s,RUF,Chevy 63 rears,Armored,Cage

bobbed and beat 91 ex cab,3RZ swapped,dual ultimates, dana 44 sas 5.38/5.29 combo,37s, RUF, 63 rears,ARB front, detroit rear,cage

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=96250.msg1073007;topicseen#msg1073007

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26920.390

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 259
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Feb 18, 2013, 09:26:24 PM »
Yep:) 39s are huge trying to keep truck as low as possible. so alot of fender cutting.  :flamer:  and thank you for comment. diving into it is best way to learn. cheers.  :)

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Feb 21, 2013, 06:55:26 PM »
Well, here is where I'm at. Im getting tired of carb issuesand my 22r is getting worn out. so was going to efi swap it.
then i got to thinking. would have to replace harness to go efi 22re anyway . so mine as well swap in something else.
Im entertaining a 7mge swap, alot of cheap supras on craigslist right now whole swap would cost around $1500.
and 3rz or 3.4 would be hard to do for that cheap. so what are guys's thoughts on which motor to swap in or to go efi?
my brother-in-law is a wiring nut so that part is covered.

86yoter

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 314
  • Member since Mar '12
  • and the work continues
    • View Profile
    • 86' runner build
    • Buy me a beer
 hey bud nice built. just read it from page one. cant wait to see whats next..  i have a brother in-law that is wanting a yota bad and i am going to make him read this to get some insite on your motivation. wish i would have started when i was 18.    :thumbsup:   
86' runner nothing special

nisota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 608
  • Member since Feb '12
  • Wonsyld/Leard Built Fab
    • View Profile
Truck is lookin good I like the classic wooden tailgate.  :thumbs:

suprawheeler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 142
  • Member since Sep '08
  • Lift them...Fat chicks can't jump!
    • View Profile
I have a 7mge in my 85 runner and offroad it has plenty of power with double stock tcases and 5.29s turning 41" iroks. I dont do much street driving with it. The 7mge pratically drops right in. The radiator hoses, clutch hose, fuel line, exaust and power steering are on opposite sides but simple solutions. The wiring isnt too hard either. If you havent already done so, check out www.supracharged.com
Zach
85 4Runner powered by 7mge,W56 trans,dual t-case, 5.29 gears and Toyota E-locker front and rear, Longfield 30 spline front axles and chromoly hub gears, Front Range full float rear axles, Tundra front brakes, v6 calipers and FJ60 rotors on rear, t-case e-brk, 6shooter knuckles with trunnion bearing eliminator kit, Stage 8 locking spindle nut, 41x14.50x16 Swamper Iroks.

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
wow that website is full of like everything.... hahah so helpful tank you so much :beer: and yes this is probably the route im going. only concern i have is mating it to my r151f??? looks like everyone on supra made there own bellhouseing

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
well. im going the 7m route. for many reasons. cost, not too hard of swap, and lotttsss of aftermarket support. pulling my motor and trans this weekend. if anybody is looking for a 22r. might help me negate some of cost of supra

nisota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Feb '12
    • View Profile
I need one for sure how much? any leaks? problems? knocks? not looking to rebuild just looking for a drop & go motor for reasonable price or possible trade? for?

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
No motor runs fine. you could even come by and drive it before u buy it if its soon.  and idk what do u got to trade? mainly looking for cash to offset cost of swap

nisota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Feb '12
    • View Profile
Not to dog you or anything just a curiosity question but why pick the 3.0 to swap in over the 22r that's in it right now? that's kind unusual to swap for that motor at least around here most people hate them I personally have never owned one but always hear the peanut gallery talking :pokinit: about them just curious that's all.

How much cash are looking to get out of your 22r?
Do you have motor and all parts needed for the swap if not I could possibly get some to help trade for the 22r.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2013, 05:12:05 PM by nisota »

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
main reason i went this route is, lots of aftermarket support with the 7mge's and 7mgtes and can make great power and dont cost an arm and leg like other swaps and pretty straight forward swap and I'm on a budget still teenager in highschool. and boost is just too fun lol :love:
Yeah My brother has a wrecked 88 at his house with good motor.
i still need a W series trans to mate with 7m. i would mate it to my r151 but im on budget and custom bellhousings are alot. but im going to try to trade away the r151f for Wseries +cash.
and Idk somewhere around of $400 though for motor

nisota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Feb '12
    • View Profile
OK like I said I'm not doggin you at all for going the cheaper route I'm one of the poorest guys on here I just make & effort to afford this sport, Same as you're doing.  I've been trying to afford a motor since June so no worries I totally understand I had just never heard of it that's all but smart plans in my opinion and keep up the good work I like your truck & build.  :thumbs:

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
why do u always jump on my thread like this? first of all Yes you Do need a custom bellhousing. so stop acting like u know everything. when i have everything sitting right here in front of me. 88 7mgte bellhousing wont fit on an r151f. and even that They have different input shaft lengths.
Thats why people make CUSTOM bellhousings of the supra front half cut and welded to a cut r151 backhalf bellhousing. So you can try that again if you want.

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
well... haven't updated this in awhile. but the route ive been taking on my truck has changed again.
I have a lot less time than I thought i would. so motor swap isnt happening for now anyway,
 And carb rebuild is. i knew this was going to be a challenge. But It's the only route open for me right now haha
need to get truck back on road.
pulled the carb, and seperate main 3 parts and this is what i find in Bowl   :clap:  :clap:

Soooo after going through whole carb and cleaning new gaskets  and dealing with these,

first. not sure what this is. but i could tell it was bad. so put new diaphragm in there and cleaned it out
was supperr dirty just like bowl. 

the other thing is the Acc pump. after talking to alot of poeple on here and pirate and stuff. i figured out how to diagnose this and found out it was bad.

IMG]http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj608/yotacrawler1/carb005_zpscc854cdc.jpg[/IMG] here it is with cover off. and  one of those holes that was suppose to be not clogged was clogged. 
So now with it all clean and back togeth and oh yeah  :love: Seafoam. hahah
okay so got carb back on truck. and found some cracked vaccum lines and a few missplaced ones. so ripped all the vaccum lines out and bought about another 10feet from napa.
Sense i will be having to smog this truck soon and thanks to a vaccum diagram on bluebass got it all done up  :yawn: :)
random pic lol.

truck runs great now! so stoked. starts right up even when its cold. idles great. and consistent power

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
oh and i did this truck now runs on android  :smokin:

what i did is lengthen cd deck harness move cd deck into glove box,  trim dash to fit. not alot of trimming needed for 7" tablett. mount it up then run an aux cable and a usb charging cable to cd deck.

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
not  a good pic my bad. lol oh and tablett is a 7" samsung galaxy. only around $170 on amazon.

well worth it for all apps u can run tot. navigation music etc..

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
better pic

interior is done carb work is done. need to work on exhaust and get smaller tires  :sad2:

hansi530

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 412
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
if you need smaller tires i got brand new mtr kevlars 35x12.5x15r i would trade if yours are still in good shape
88 custom cab: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88026.new#new
shitlbuffout-A saying among 4x4 and off road enthusiasts. Its said after damage normally cosmetic to minor parts damage has occurred on there rig or vehicle. Shitlbuffout is :pokinit: will buff out as in the :pokinit: being the damage will buff as in painted over cleaned polished or "buffed" out.

mossyoak85yota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Apr '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
where did you get that dash cover thats pretty awesome!

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
hahah its called sticker bombing. its a jdm thing. real prominent in drift. basicly just laying stickers ontop of eachother than clear coating it to all hell.  most asked about part of my truck lol.

mossyoak85yota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Apr '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
o i see it now i didnt look very close

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
if you need smaller tires i got brand new mtr kevlars 35x12.5x15r i would trade if yours are still in good shape

the iroks are pretty bald now. and have rock rash..... so yeah hahh

hansi530

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 412
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
Damn those would of looked good on my rig
88 custom cab: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88026.new#new
shitlbuffout-A saying among 4x4 and off road enthusiasts. Its said after damage normally cosmetic to minor parts damage has occurred on there rig or vehicle. Shitlbuffout is :pokinit: will buff out as in the :pokinit: being the damage will buff as in painted over cleaned polished or "buffed" out.

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
got the tail gate sectioned decided to go with staggerd handle sense i would have to move hinges anyway cant remember who i got idea from but thank you looks good together  :biggthumpup:

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
 :smokin:

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
got rest of rock lights hooked up. alotttt of wiring hahah. got them from horse power juice good thread about them on pirate. and there brighttt!

toyotathomas

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 21
  • Male Posts: 87
  • Member since Jun '11
    • View Profile
Re: 85, First build. rock lights wooo
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »
Any pics or info on how you wired your lights?  Got the same ones but haven't hooked them up yet :headscratch:

nisota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Feb '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2013, 10:27:02 PM »
That looks awesome going to be so nice for nite crawlin'

yotacrawler1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
  • 1985, on wontons
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »
yeah this helped me out.  i also put an inline fuse in before all wiring 10amp fuse is fine then just to a switch in cab.16ga wire is fine this lights draw like no power hahah