Author Topic: Need Mechanic in Cali Motherlode to install heatercore  (Read 1977 times)

mldave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 102
  • Member since Oct '10
    • View Profile
Need Mechanic in Cali Motherlode to install heatercore
« on: Oct 15, 2011, 07:11:52 AM »
Will trade man's diamond pinky ring valued at $250-$300 in exchange for installing heatercore on 86 Toyota truck with air..if you've done these before send a message.Located in Calaveras County.
Old hardrock gold miner

82 truggy guy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -15
  • Male Posts: 63
  • Member since Jan '09
  • only in a toyota
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
hey i can change that heater core for you. im located in angels camp. is the offer still there?
82 long bed pickup, 4" lift on 33x11.50 ifs rear axle swap (3" wider)(bigger brakes) roll bar 4 top lights, custom front bumper with a 8000lb mile marker winch. also, 87 4runner stock with the top off.

mldave [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '10
    • View Profile
Hey 82 Truggy Guy,had this leaking heater core last year and I tightened up the heater hose and it eventually stopped dripping into the box enclosing the core.So I tightened up both hoses a few days ago and am waiting to see if all the anti-freeze in the box drips out or it continues to leak on my floor mat.There are a couple of other fellows who want to look at it,so I have to give them first shot.If they don't do it I'll let you know if your still interested..might be 10 days or so.Probably seen your rig around the county.Have you changed a few of these heater cores?..Thanks for the reply.
Old hardrock gold miner

82 truggy guy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '09
  • only in a toyota
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yea its a fardly simple opperation its just time consuming. the only thing is it takes alota patients cause you have to remove the entire dash. so no big deal tho. just let me know what you end up deciding on.
82 long bed pickup, 4" lift on 33x11.50 ifs rear axle swap (3" wider)(bigger brakes) roll bar 4 top lights, custom front bumper with a 8000lb mile marker winch. also, 87 4runner stock with the top off.

mldave [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '10
    • View Profile
Hopefully I'll know this week..leaked pretty quickly this morning(5:30) while going to Rodz Grille where I have coffee every morning.Turned my flashlight on and the fluid was dripping over the hump onto the passenger side rubber mat.Besides anti-freeze and heater core ..do I also need new o-rings and clips for the heater core and box?Saw that about the o-rings on older posts on other forums.How many of these have you changed?...Dave.
Old hardrock gold miner

82 truggy guy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '09
  • only in a toyota
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
i have only replaced one but i have removed a few. as for the the o-rings im not shure on those. i have a mech i can ask to be shure. i have to replace my heater core too none if the heater or fan settings are working. what type of truck do you drive?

mldave [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '10
    • View Profile
It's a blue 86 Toyota Truck 4x4 EFI 2.4 engine 5 speed with Air conditioning....next to last post on this link..http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141340..another post on some other link mentions pushing all the screws/bolts though a sheet of cardboard and writing down in order where they came from in sequence so you don't have leftovers.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2011, 10:43:18 AM by mldave »
Old hardrock gold miner

mldave [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '10
    • View Profile
The one fellow fixed the heater core...thanks for your replies.
Old hardrock gold miner