Author Topic: SeaFoam Cleaner Really Works  (Read 14210 times)

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: SeaFoam Cleaner Really Works
« Reply #30 on: Apr 06, 2014, 06:46:56 AM »
I did a Seafoam treatment last week. 

I did the 1/3 method on the back.  (1/3 Gas Tank, 1/3 Motor Oil, 1/3 Vacuum - Brake Booster)

Vacuum is a pain because you have to go slow.  I would halt when it started hesistating.  Next time instead of using a funnel and the can, i'll probably use a rubber tip syringe to control the flow better, or maybe a hand spray bottle.  Felt like it took about 5min to pour it in slowly, mighta needed to go even slower.

Make sure to change your oil if you put it in there.

I haven't noticed any significant difference from using it.  But, I'm not ready to tear into things and clean by hand just yet.  Looking forward to it because it's fun to tear stuff open, put it back together wrong, tear it back open and figure out what happened. :doh:

I like that write up above. 

I don't do the stall the engine method at the end.  I just turn the car off when I'm done puring.  Prob just scared cause I hear words like   
     hydrolock and damage used when pouring enough to make it stall.

I use BG44K and so putting the seafoam in the gas tank for me is probably not worth it.

I never used DeepCreep or a TB Cleaner.  Seems like I may as well pull the thing off and soak/clean it manually instead of spray and rub out with
     just whever I can reach with my fingers.

If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: SeaFoam Cleaner Really Works
« Reply #31 on: Apr 06, 2014, 01:18:42 PM »
Deep creep is just the sprayable version and does the same thing, except it also cleans the throttle body and intake on the way in, and it's easier to regulate the rpm.  I got better cleanout and way more smoke by doing this method a few weeks ago.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!