Author Topic: wiring made simple for carb sami??? anyone???  (Read 2191 times)

KingofChilli82

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 47
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
wiring made simple for carb sami??? anyone???
« on: Aug 28, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »
We started a new project today. Its a 198? sami. The wiring was pretty dicked up, dash had been removed, electric fuel pump installed, aftermarket lights and none of it by no means was clean. So we gutted it... allllll of it. I noticed it had a 2 wire dist. figuring from what i had seen on pirate about MSD boxes that i cud do a GM module and coil swap or what you guys here call "the Toyota igniter bypass". well we hooked it all up and we are getting no spark... I have done this to numerous toys so i no I'm not hooking anything up wrong. i went down to oreillys and had the module tested. the battery is plenty charged but still no spark from the coil to the cap. I think my biggest question is what type of dist. does a sami have? Is it hall style, magnetic, or reluctor??? No one gives an actual answer anywhere to this. if it is a certain style (i believe reluctor type wont work like a magnetic) over others is there a resistor or something i can wire in to convert the wave style to something the GM module will read? HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE THIS??? DOES ANYONE RUN ANYTHING OTHER THEN STOCK??? Is there any write-ups out there on simplifying a CARB engine instead of all these dang EFI and TBI wite-ups???

shortystowing

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4
  • Member since Oct '11
  • Mutilating one zuki at a time...
    • View Profile
    • www.zukikrawlers.com
Re: wiring made simple for carb sami??? anyone???
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »
Sami dizzy 2 wires, one will go to negative side of coil, other to positive and then only supply keyed positive to the coil. do not add anything other than that dizzy wire to negative side of coil. :popcorn: