Author Topic: Marlin doesnt have what I need.....  (Read 4673 times)

dare44

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -35
  • Male Posts: 41
  • Member since Jun '10
    • View Profile
Marlin doesnt have what I need.....
« on: Apr 24, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »
 I like getting stuff from marlin but they never have what i need. I went to order leafs they dont stock them anymore and refered me to all pro who has springs that are x2 as much. I looked at a clutch and they dont have those. I need a zip locker and they are more expensive than anywhere else. What is going on? Seems like they do not have anything recently..... I prefer marlin but have dropped 600 bucks on tg parts recently that marlin didnt have. And I get the tg parts next day and they are in the same city. I just wonder why they are not competing like they used to.

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
Re: Marlin doesnt have what I need.....
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2011, 01:11:46 PM »
maybe they are revamping their product line but who knows
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
I just wonder why they are not competing like they used to.

Really?  With all they've talked about it lately, you're still at a loss for why they don't have certain items?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

sparkys83yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Male Posts: 320
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »
Really?  With all they've talked about it lately, you're still at a loss for why they don't have certain items?
not trying to be a smart a.. but where have they talked about it?
83 shorbed pickup. 22 re swap. Dual ultimates, l52hd tranny, 5 " marlin trailflex lift. Yukon 529. Grizzly in rear zip locker front. And a bunch of other stuff....

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
not trying to be a smart a.. but where have they talked about it?
yeah where is all this talk happening?
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
They've drop a few hints about their new direction, but little information has been provided.

They said in a post recently they are revamping their product line and coming out with some new-to-the-market products. Thats all I have heard.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2011, 04:59:30 PM »
well hurry up is what i say!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2011, 05:01:31 PM »
well hurry up is what i say!

Good things come to those who wait. :)
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »
iv been waiting for sliders

Yota Rolla

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 340
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2011, 05:18:31 PM »
all i run is marlin and trail gear besides i couple things from skys or ballistic. .its nice and all to be loyal to 1 company but when you need the parts and they either don't have them or way over charge then you got to do what you got to do and go else where. .

oh and allpro is WAAAAYYYY over priced :thumbdown:
82 locked,geared,cased,caged daily

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »
all i run is marlin and trail gear besides i couple things from skys or ballistic. .its nice and all to be loyal to 1 company but when you need the parts and they either don't have them or way over charge then you got to do what you got to do and go else where. .

I agree, I wish Marlin still sold everything they used to because I'd prefer to just go through them and no one else. I understand that markets are constantly changing, and it obviously and unfortunately wasn't worth their while to continue to offer these products. :(

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 24, 2011, 05:27:03 PM »
They've drop a few hints about their new direction, but little information has been provided.

They said in a post recently they are revamping their product line and coming out with some new-to-the-market products. Thats all I have heard.

:yesnod:  at least a few threads asking about certain products, probably even a few threads on the same subjects.  Maybe it's just a matter of which sections you peruse, but I don't even look through the site that much so  :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
« Reply #12 on: Apr 24, 2011, 07:00:31 PM »
same here i went to order a 23 spline imput and they dont have it anymore either
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

85_4RNR

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 265
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 24, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »
Marlin is always out of stock of A LOT of parts.
I work a 2000 BMW 540i 6 speed

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 24, 2011, 08:19:41 PM »
Marlin is always out of stock of A LOT of parts.

If you seen their shop, and personally knew Marlin, you would understand why they are always out of stock. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

locked 4x4

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 466
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 24, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »
Marlin isn't the only one that is out of stock on everything these days.  I ordered some stuff from round eyes back in January and have still yet to see them.

dare44 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -35
  • Male Posts: 41
  • Member since Jun '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »
 I know Trail Gear is a bad subject here but they are who is getting my money recently because they always have what I need in stock ready to ship and can have it to my door in 2 days or less. I just hope that marlin can step it up and I can give my money to them. And their leaf springs were my major disappointment.....

REG535

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -287
  • Male Posts: 1,083
  • Member since Jul '07
  • Shes traveling to many celestial worlds
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
Inchworm has good service, if marlin doesnt have it, inchworm is the next I go to, if they dont have it then I will wait or go to the dealer. They are also other places to get stuff and not have to deal with tg. just saying
85 Marble' Black and White (x-cab)
84 RedTurtle' Red with White Top added Marlin Turtle Shift Knob (All Stock) :silly:

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »

they better patent that stuff thats new
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

sparkys83yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Male Posts: 320
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:50:48 AM »
Inchworm has good service, if marlin doesnt have it, inchworm is the next I go to, if they dont have it then I will wait or go to the dealer. They are also other places to get stuff and not have to deal with tg. just saying
I checked inchworm. I was looking for a front end service kit. Its mostly trail gear stuff. Its even the exact same prices. Personally Marlin's shop has always taken very good care of me. I think for me that is ill just wait for Marlin to get what I need. I just wish they would explain what's going on with their stock.
83 shorbed pickup. 22 re swap. Dual ultimates, l52hd tranny, 5 " marlin trailflex lift. Yukon 529. Grizzly in rear zip locker front. And a bunch of other stuff....

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 25, 2011, 09:25:26 AM »
They have explained what's going on with their stock in other threads, just gotta do some searching  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 25, 2011, 11:25:21 AM »
To the OP, you mentioned 3 products in your original post. It is true we are no longer offering springs as has been stated for roughly the last 6 months. We gladly send our customer's to All Pro as they are selling the same springs we used to. As far as their price I haven't checked it out nor do we have any bearing on how they price their products.

The Clutch kits are something we have been battling (as well as other Aisian/Seco dealers) since the Japan earthquake. Our distributor has once again been receiving their shipments from Japan and in turn, so have we. Got another in just Friday as a matter of fact.

As for the Zips. I don't know about other companies pricing but we have seen a bunch of these coming off the shelves. Since we started selling them I have been ordering more on a weekly basis both to replenish stock and to cover new orders. So far these seem like a pretty good product.

"between projects"

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »
Thanks for the info Fred. I had a feeling the Japan quake may have had an effect on certain things. Glad to hear that mess is clearing up though.

spc mike

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 428
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »
How about Twin Sticks, Bumpers and Dual case cross members?.... because I too have had to "out source" some of this stuff already.

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »
Twin Sticks tend to go out the door as soon as we get them in. Bumpers are being re-worked with a new manufacturer and unfortunately it takes time to get the design under way and then build a solid jig that can be used to build hundreds of bumpers while allowing little to no variance from the first to last one built. For crossmembers we just felt it was best to have the customer go straight to the source so again we have no problem sending people direct to Bud.
"between projects"

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #25 on: Apr 25, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »
Mike should create links or redirects to vendor or outside Marlin approved products and services that MCI already refers people to.  That would end these issues that seem to keep popping up.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

REG535

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2011, 06:29:46 PM »
I checked inchworm. I was looking for a front end service kit. Its mostly trail gear stuff. Its even the exact same prices. Personally Marlin's shop has always taken very good care of me. I think for me that is ill just wait for Marlin to get what I need. I just wish they would explain what's going on with their stock.

THe front end knuckle kit is not tg, its koyo and just like marlin or all pro. I sometimes go to all pro also. http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=46
84 RedTurtle' Red with White Top added Marlin Turtle Shift Knob (All Stock) :silly:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #27 on: Apr 25, 2011, 06:36:42 PM »
Inchworm is a TG authorized dealer, the kit they sell would be theirs, the bearings which are sold seperately from the kit are Koyo.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Apr 25, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »
Mike should create links or redirects to vendor or outside Marlin approved products and services that MCI already refers people to.  That would end these issues that seem to keep popping up.

That is a good idea.

REG535

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #29 on: Apr 25, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »
Inchworm is a TG authorized dealer, the kit they sell would be theirs, the bearings which are sold seperately from the kit are Koyo.
It is not, its the same kit as all pro. and while they sell tg products, the also sell marlin products, and some of their own, and they get can get anything one needs for their toyota.