Author Topic: Are you a "Birther"?  (Read 4701 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Are you a "Birther"?
« on: Mar 25, 2011, 02:55:57 PM »
And is the fact that some have lumped that title in the same pile as "9/11 Truther" affect your perception of people that simply ask the question?

Of late there has been a resurgence of interest in this subject, I'm sure Obama is thrilled about that, Trump on The View, Matthews calling for a certified copy and Hannity today...all within a week or so.

So...let's hear what you have to say.
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2011, 05:51:28 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Re: Are you a "Birther"?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2011, 05:38:50 PM »
I was hatched.  :dunno:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

dntsdad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
    • My 3.4 swap into a 92 pickup
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2011, 06:07:28 PM »
Honestly, I think that it is a fairly brilliant play by Team Obama to make people calling for his birth certificate seem like nutjobs and conspiracy theorists. I personally think that you should have to provide all your documentation when filing papers to seek elected office, and in the case of the Presidency, natural citizenship is a requirement. This really should be a nonissue and handles years ago.

At this point, I really do not care where he was born so long as he returns there sometime in January 2013. I'll pitch in for gas as it may be $7.00 per gallon by then.
92 Toyota x-cab, 3.4 swapped, R150 5 speed, 2.8/4.7 SAS
My 3.4 swap http://www.yotatech.com/f160/had-officially-began-3-0-auto-3-4-manual-92-ex-cab-196823/

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
I wonder, if it were proven he was ineligible to be President...would that mean no retirement and Secret Service for him?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2011, 06:12:48 PM »
I was hatched.  :dunno:

The only known example of a scrambled egg surviving to hatch!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2011, 08:01:45 PM »
I wonder, if it were proven he was ineligible to be President...would that mean no retirement and Secret Service for him?

yes it would.

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »
At this point, I really do not care where he was born so long as he returns there sometime in January 2013.
Agreed.

I see it as a non-issue and pay no mind to those who work themselves into a frenzy about it.

I suppose if I bought into it, though, I would be pretty upset about the whole thing.

:willynilly: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp  :willynilly:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »
Its just another rumor invented out of despiration so rush limbaugh, glen beck, and any non news anti obama talk show host will have another thing to cry about. One more effort by the buisness of media to stir :pokinit: up and make you want to tune in. 
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »
Its just another rumor invented out of despiration so rush limbaugh, glen beck, and any non news anti obama talk show host will have another thing to cry about. One more effort by the buisness of media to stir :pokinit: up and make you want to tune in.  

None of those you mentioned are "birthers".  2 years ago when the story broke Bill O'Reily looked up the archives from both newspaper in Honolulu, Hawaii where he was born and the birth announcement was in both of them so I don't think that there is any questions that he was born in the US.  

While the left wing liberals like to use this as ammo and think all the "wacko" conservatives think like this, It was Hillary Clinton's campaign that started the whole "birther" movement during the primaries.  Look it up.

There are several questionable issues regarding his birth though.  Some believe that his "mother" is not his mother but his sister.   Some think his "grandfather" is actually his father and he had an extra marital affair with a black prostitute.    He was apparently known to be good friends with a "pimp".    The fact that his "mother" was taking college classes in Washington State less than 1 week after his birth sort of fuels this rumor.  It's also would explain why both his "mother" and his "father" left him with the "grandparents" many times in his life,  not to mention that his "grandfather" looks identical to him.  I'm not saying I believe this or anything but that is one rumor as to why they don't want the birth certificate released.  

Another rumor is that Obama had his birth certificate changed 3 times to reflect who the father was.   When his mother married the guy from Indonesia she and Barrack Obama moved to Indonesia with him.  this is factual.  In order to allow Barrack to become an Indonesian citizen they had to prove that he was the offspring of an natural born Indonesian.  This is why the birth certificate was supposedly altered the first time.  His last name was changed to Soetoro, the last name of his Indonesian father.  At the same time he became an Indonesian citizen.   Indonesain does not allow dual citizenship with any other country so his mother had to renounce his US citizenship, which she did.  

Now whether or not the US would recognize any renounced citizenship or if it even matters since he was still born in this country is something to be debated by constitutional scholars.   Again, I'm not saying I believe any of these rumors but that is what is being floated around.

Any way you look at it he will be out of office by the time any court ruling would be made if it were to ever get that far.   I couldn't imagine the turmoil that would cause if it was rule that he was ineligible to be president.   Technically any bill he signed would be null and void.   It's probably better in the long run to just be left alone and I am about as politically conservative as they come.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2011, 01:00:16 PM »
They might not be defined under the term "birthers" but I have heard both suggest that obama is not a natural born citizen.

It cracks me up when there are so many rumors flyin around that they contradict other rumors. Youd think conspiracy theorists would try to collaborate into some sort of feasible storyline.

I hear ya, he would probably be dead of old age before a ruling could be made...

Back to the original question, im definitely not a "birther" and I dont group those who are with "truthers." 9/11 is a little more involved than a birth certificate dispute

this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

HULK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 306
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2011, 10:55:50 PM »
I'll drive him back personally.  I think he plain out stinks. :pokinit:

Tofudude

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -31
  • Member since Jun '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »
at this point i could care less where the funk he is from, get him out.

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2011, 03:39:18 PM »
I just read today that there is a book coming out on this subject next month.   With Pre-orders it's already number #2 best seller this week on Amazon and will be #1 by tomorrow.   

http://www.amazon.com/Wheres-Birth-Certificate-Eligible-President/dp/1936488299

Normally I wouldn't care but the author is Jerome Corsi, Phd.   He is the same author who dug up info and outed John Kerry on the swift boat scandal that sunk his presidential bid in 2004. 

The book is due out May 17th and supposedly the President already has attorneys trying to stop it's release. 

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2011, 03:45:37 PM »
supposedly the President already has attorneys trying to stop it's release.  

Nothing like freedom of speech!

Late last year...I had to produce my birth certificate. Not a photocopy, not a birth notice...the real deal with signatures and the whole nine yards. I'd think he could shut everyone up by just producing the freaking paper. If I could find mine, and no it wasn't originally on a stone tablet, he can find his.

Just think of the crap that would hit the fan. Talk about  :popcorn: I'd pay to watch the coverage of that!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Wasn't gonna post this, but...
« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »
'Now you know why - no birth certificate.'

My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »
Are you saying he's kin to Bonzo?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #16 on: Apr 20, 2011, 06:02:07 PM »
I think that would be an insult to Bonzo.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2011, 06:07:04 PM »
I think that would be an insult to Bonzo.

Hell, I figured Stocker and I would be the only ones to know that...did you look it up or are you hurtling towards the winter of life too?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2011, 06:13:41 PM »
Hell, I figured Stocker and I would be the only ones to know that...did you look it up or are you hurtling towards the winter of life too?

lets just say that I did'nt have to look it up and leave it at that.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »
 :haha: Ok...Pops!  :therethere:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 20, 2011, 06:57:08 PM »
This president has an army of people paid to protect his secrets. Probably on course with Big Dog Bill. Chicainery and cronism. We the People never know the truth and never will  :shakehead:

:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 20, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »
What if he did show his birth certificate, and it proves he's an American citizen?  Do you think the Republicans and Conspiracy Theorists would accept it, without claiming it's been faked?  

They aren't gonna accept it no matter what.  So, basically he ain't gonna do :pokinit: about.  Would you?  

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #22 on: Apr 20, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »
What if he did show his birth certificate, and it proves he's an American citizen?  Do you think the Republicans and Conspiracy Theorists would accept it, without claiming it's been faked. 

They aren't gonna accept it no matter what.  So, basically he ain't gonna do :pokinit: about.  Would you? 

he's spent a lot of his $$ to keep from showing it.  so yes, I would.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Apr 20, 2011, 09:51:41 PM »
What if he did show his birth certificate, and it proves he's an American citizen?  Do you think the Republicans and Conspiracy Theorists would accept it, without claiming it's been faked?  

They aren't gonna accept it no matter what.  So, basically he ain't gonna do :pokinit: about.  Would you?  

If I had to show a birth certificate to get a job, I'd produce one. If it's real (not what he showed before) I'd be happy. The truth is...I just love watching the left soil their drawers over this, 'cause I know...if the shoe was on the other foot, they'd be crapping squealy-worms about it.

The best thing for me, if he isn't...we wouldn't have to pay his worthless ass for all eternity.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr 21, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »
But like I said, if he showed proof and it was real, the republicans aren't gonna accept it either way.   PERIOD!!  

Do, you think that the Democrats would risk their political future on a faked document, that has been proven its real.  Including finding the newspaper that announced the birth of Obama.  If it is faked, and the people find out, that would end the Democratic party.  That would be the end of them.  Forever.  They would never get another person to vote for them again.  Because he has to show proof of his BC to the Democratic Party and/or the Democratic Attorney.  

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 22, 2011, 01:00:44 AM »
If it is faked, and the people find out, that would end the Democratic party.  That would be the end of them.  Forever.  They would never get another person to vote for them again.  

Yes they would.    Committed leftist will always vote that way no matter what.    I'm talking about the kind of people that actively promote forced revolution in this country.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #26 on: Apr 22, 2011, 02:31:02 AM »
I don't think there really is an issue as to where he was born, in fact there is proof that it was announced in the personals section in 2 HI papers 3 days after his birth. Believe it or not I even heard this on of all news stations FOX! The real and true underlying reason some people want to see the long form certificate is religion, and I think this is also the reason Obama does not want us to see it. I'm bet it says Muslim as his religion. Also remember that he had to renounce his citizenship of the U.S.A. to attend school in Indonesia which is pretty much 100% Muslim so was obviously taught with that mindset.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Apr 22, 2011, 07:22:35 AM »
Honestly, I think that it is a fairly brilliant play by Team Obama to make people calling for his birth certificate seem like nutjobs and conspiracy theorists.

Since this thread popped back up, I reread it. Actually, discrediting your opposition is a tried and true technique for the left.
I used to hang around some fairly unsavory characters back in the early seventies. I remember reading rules for radicals when it came out. Pretty much everything the left does is right out of that book. If one can find the time, it's worth a read. It's a short book...but, it's like the Jets getting the Patriots playbook.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Apr 22, 2011, 07:46:59 AM »
So, what if his BC says Muslim on it when he was born.  Just because your parents are, doesn't mean he is.  And with him living abroad as a child, and going to Muslim schools, doesn't make him a Muslim.  Just gives him a bigger picture of how the world looks.  Instead of a narrow minded view. 

Just because my parents are Christian, doesn't make me one!!!

Go to politicalfact.org, they have pictures and proof of citizenship, and pics of the paper that shows the birth announcement. 

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #29 on: Apr 22, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
I agree, but I think as a whole the nation would not accept him for fear he was hiding even the possibility he was still a Muslim. Personally it wouldn't bother me if he is or was as long as he embraced the American way of life and not the repressive and stagnant life of being a typical Muslim living under Sharia. There are plenty of Muslim's that don't agree with that lifestyle but if they were to come out and say it they'd be shunned, stoned and killed under Sharia.

That being said, I in no way endorse Nobamanation at all. He's got us all in the toilet but just can't seem to get it to flush. Since he's already is in I wish he would be found to not be a U.S. citizen and a Muslim, then we'd get this stuff fixed.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you