Author Topic: Top Truck Challenge?  (Read 4555 times)

jrock

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
Top Truck Challenge?
« on: Dec 01, 2010, 02:17:39 PM »
I don't know about you but I think they should rename it Monster Truck Challenge. What happened to home built and brew. What about a second class, say 39.5" tires and smaller?  :headscratch:

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
Re: Top Truck Challenge?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2010, 03:13:05 PM »
Most of those trucks are infact home built. you dont have to have a shop or pay one to get a bling buggy. there already is a 2nd class ( buggy class and truck class). Its just the evolution of the sport. things get bigger and badder
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

Yoat Goat

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 37
  • Male Posts: 731
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Someday my truck will look like this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2010, 10:28:53 PM »
TTC is gay, bunch of gomers with 78" boggers and rockwells 'killing' some TTC.

I guess thats why there is Real Truck Challenge, but even that is pushing it, I stopped watching TTC awhile ago. Really didnt pay attention after they took out the road testing. Not my jam, no skill or even thought process I feel in one of those rigs. Point, shoot, black out, wake up at the top yelling and screaming.
T urning
O ver after
Y ears
O f
T rail
A buse

locked 4x4

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 466
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »
x2

SCyotacrawler420

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 84
  • Male Posts: 132
  • Member since Nov '08
  • work hard... play even harder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2010, 12:59:11 AM »
i guess some people like sticking to 37's an smaller an having no flex with there leaf springs... i love ttc cause you get to see all kinds of different savage creations... compared to another boring lame toyota on 35s with springs front an rear, i did that whole springs an 35's... not enough excitement, an cant do all the trails. although i do love the occaisonal weekend wheelin in the hometown an chillin back with some friends in my dinky caged 84 on 35's. but man, ttc is pretty exciting. i loved that super crawler truck. an the whole point, blackout an wake up screaming? you see alot of those trucks breaking down or flipping dont you? hahaha. its not as easy as it looks

yota4x4sc

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 596
  • Member since Oct '10
  • Santa Cruz, CA
    • View Profile
    • My YOTA Pics (click here)
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2010, 01:04:17 AM »
i guess some people like sticking to 37's an smaller an having no flex with there leaf springs... i love ttc cause you get to see all kinds of different savage creations... compared to another boring lame toyota on 35s with springs front an rear, i did that whole springs an 35's... not enough excitement, an cant do all the trails. although i do love the occaisonal weekend wheelin in the hometown an chillin back with some friends in my dinky caged 84 on 35's. but man, ttc is pretty exciting. i loved that super crawler truck. an the whole point, blackout an wake up screaming? you see alot of those trucks breaking down or flipping dont you? hahaha. its not as easy as it looks

X2
TTC is the best :pokinit: ever thought up ever!! if you dont like it just stop using a 4wd and buy a 81 honda u  :gay:
:usa: 92 xcab, full width, 39.5 boggers, beadlocks, 60 f arb 5.86s , 60 r spool , duals, 4.7 rear... 3.sl0, bobed , all pro 6 inch leafs f and r :usa:

SCyotacrawler420

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2010, 01:11:34 AM »
i know right? TTC is something that everyone looks forward to. i think everyone should give it a try to go up tank trap during ttc. i dont even think when my truck is done ill be able to make it past the stair steps... or even the waterfall

bleakhorizon

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 803
  • Member since Jul '07
  • I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
i can understand that you may want to see the "little trucks" go at it but really its in the name TOP truck challenge, this is NOT Petersons edition i.e. Ultimate Adventure....

heck... of the truck "class" the only really over the top, huge, monster was Barkers ranger with the 598 engine and the freakn insane axles

Some of these buggies/trucks were built, others were bought yes, i didnt fallow the buggies close enough to tell yea but there the ones most likely built for the customer....

And is it not the evolution of our sport.... im sure if you asked almost anyone here with a 22r,35's, and yota axles that they would like to at least have fuel injection, 40's and tons, be it in there plan or just a dream....  sure it would be awesome, but it would be overkill for me... for what i do, for the area i play in... in the future... maybe...

but i can tell you that The poorboy1 chevy WAS built... buy its owner

from a damn near cookie cutter FS chev (April 2006)

to a Top Truck Champion (July 17 2010)

It all comes down to one thing... At least the people who make/buy these "huge monsters" are enjoying what they do.... 
Those are some huge welds!

Tillamook, OR

stephen-O

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 36
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2010, 11:51:17 PM »
that chevy won it this year?

yota4x4sc

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 596
  • Member since Oct '10
  • Santa Cruz, CA
    • View Profile
    • My YOTA Pics (click here)
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »
i just love top truck..and my 3.slo wit my tons and 40 too..rather have a ttc rig any day though
:usa: 92 xcab, full width, 39.5 boggers, beadlocks, 60 f arb 5.86s , 60 r spool , duals, 4.7 rear... 3.sl0, bobed , all pro 6 inch leafs f and r :usa:

Yoat Goat

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 37
  • Male Posts: 731
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Someday my truck will look like this
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2010, 01:07:12 AM »
you see alot of those trucks breaking down or flipping dont you? hahaha. its not as easy as it looks

I do, and since they are so tall and the course design has gotten retarded crazy I bet they flip easy. But take that with a grain of salt cause I havent payed that much attention to it. And yes, that super crawler truck was pretty cool.
T urning
O ver after
Y ears
O f
T rail
A buse

Goldrush

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 145
  • Male Posts: 1,381
  • Member since Jan '10
  • wheelin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
there are different types of rockcrawling for different people. imo top truck challenge has gotten to big and crazy. back when i used to watch it, 38 in tires were huge! but like those big super duties with 54 in boggers, i think thats over kill. im just sayin thats not my cup of tee.. :twocents:
-Zack- aka uncle Zack!                GOT MARLIN?

bleakhorizon

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 803
  • Member since Jul '07
  • I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
that chevy won it this year?

yes he won the truck class

there are different types of rockcrawling for different people. imo top truck challenge has gotten to big and crazy. back when i used to watch it, 38 in tires were huge! but like those big super duties with 54 in boggers, i think thats over kill. im just sayin thats not my cup of tee.. :twocents:

i understand its all about peoples opinion on things, i dont like huge tires either, but i remember when 35s were huge lol..... anything above that was monstrous.

and on top of it all when you get chosen you get offered a set of tires baja claw TTC edition tires, and i believe they only come in 44" and 54" sizes... comeawn,   WHO is gona turn down a set off free tires lol
Those are some huge welds!

Tillamook, OR

SCyotacrawler420

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2010, 01:34:35 PM »
ha, seriously, if ttc offered me to be in that challenge i would add more nitrogen to my shocks an run dually spacers front an rear so i could accommodate for the 54's. hahahaha