Author Topic: best youtube videos  (Read 264761 times)

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: best youtube videos
« Reply #1081 on: Nov 12, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »
I'd like a newer 600rr, but I'd kinda rather a 954.  My f4i just feels gutless most the time.

Yeah, I started with F3, went to F4i and then RR in 2006.

That was my last, really bad crash, few years of recovery, sold bike, havent bought another one since.  Maybe if I ever live closer to a track I'll get a track bike.

Nost bikers are good guys.  But their are some idiot rookies out there and some douchey veterans too.  They give riders a bad name.

And yeah, 954 or 1000rr is a "huge" difference.  600 was good enough for me.  1000cc is just easier to pop-up by rolling the throttle.  And im a little guy (165lbs) so even more reason a 600 is a better fit.

1000cc seems like a track only option for me. It's like having a lambo, prosche, vette, viper, etc...on the street.  You need a track to really get them to the limit and your monies worth.  Just my opinion anyway.

Get the big bike though.  You'll earn some drool points from the other guys, lol

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: Nov 12, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: Nov 14, 2014, 09:09:13 PM »
The only way I can tolerate this woman!!

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #1085 on: Nov 15, 2014, 01:49:47 AM »
I wouldn't drink that $hit........
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: Nov 15, 2014, 04:59:57 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl2:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: Nov 15, 2014, 10:13:35 PM »
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Nation

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1141
  • Male Posts: 1,565
  • Member since Mar '13
  • @nationallmotors
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #1088 on: Nov 16, 2014, 07:06:07 AM »
Haha they're not gonna be happy about that.
3RZ, LC engineering Turbo kit, R151, Dual Ultimate, Yota axles-5:29s, Spartan front, LSD Rear

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: Nov 16, 2014, 10:38:18 AM »
To be blunt, flop em.  They're running illegal and terribly detrimental operations to profit off others.  They don't care what they do to the surrounding environment, not to mention they poach the crap out of local animals for food or to remove potential nuisances.  I've been told by a few that you can find numerous animal carcasses nearby, often bears.

If the government truly cared about doing little more than making an occasional showing of a meager attempt at eradication, they'd systematically remove every single bit of each at the first sign, not wait until the very end of the season and go steal the mature or processed pot.  But they seem to be more worried about being able to show piles of large plants and processed pot on the news so people think they're doing something. 

Remove the threat at the onset and seriously persue the cartels that set these up and you may get a serious leg up on the problem.  Highway patrol doesn't wait until they witness a swerving drunk driver run over somebody before pulling them over, they look for the slightest sign of intoxication and act. 

I carry a 10mm pretty much any time I'm in the woods, especially when hunting and pushing through the brush, just as much for running across these as for startling a mountain lion or pig.  It bothers me that I have to be as much on the lookout for bad people as I do predators.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

mountainguyed67

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 220
  • Member since Apr '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: Nov 16, 2014, 07:47:08 PM »
To be blunt, flop em.  They're running illegal and terribly detrimental operations to profit off others.  They don't care what they do to the surrounding environment, not to mention they poach the crap out of local animals for food or to remove potential nuisances.  I've been told by a few that you can find numerous animal carcasses nearby, often bears.

If the government truly cared about doing little more than making an occasional showing of a meager attempt at eradication, they'd systematically remove every single bit of each at the first sign, not wait until the very end of the season and go steal the mature or processed pot.  But they seem to be more worried about being able to show piles of large plants and processed pot on the news so people think they're doing something. 

Remove the threat at the onset and seriously persue the cartels that set these up and you may get a serious leg up on the problem.  Highway patrol doesn't wait until they witness a swerving drunk driver run over somebody before pulling them over, they look for the slightest sign of intoxication and act. 

I carry a 10mm pretty much any time I'm in the woods, especially when hunting and pushing through the brush, just as much for running across these as for startling a mountain lion or pig.  It bothers me that I have to be as much on the lookout for bad people as I do predators.

There are certain areas I don't go in my county for this very reason.  And if they can see these grows from Google Map, I say to use Naplam!  Quick eradication. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

crazywb

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 31
  • Male Posts: 467
  • Member since Jun '04
  • 92 Toy short bed
    • View Profile
I'M BACK!!!!!!!

81 shortbed

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 329
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #1093 on: Nov 17, 2014, 02:16:09 PM »
Cool. Where can I get one?

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26756
  • Male Posts: 3,516
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

81 shortbed

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 329
  • Member since Nov '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #1095 on: Nov 17, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »
Yikes! Never mind

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: Nov 17, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »
Yikes! Never mind
I am the original owner of a 1993 Tamiya Mountaineer which I still have today. It is currently sitting right here in my office along with a few other R/Cs. If I remember correctly I paid $350 for the kit ... but as you see the kits go for upwards to a grand now.

Tamiya made three different kits: The original Hilux, which is shown in the above Video and has manually locking hubs and hardly any plastic parts. Then they made a Bruiser, and then they made a Mountaineer. The quality of the kits dropped with each revision, making it more suitable for mass production.

They are so popular that Axial Racing made a version of it however it has 4-link coil suspension and only a 1-speed transmission making it far less realistic. But for something more realistic, take a look at RC4WD's Trail Finder Kit: http://store.rc4wd.com/Trail-Finder-2-Truck-Kit-wMojave-Body-Set_p_2108.html The price is comparable to what I remember paying for my kit 20 yrs ago, however my kit had a lot of cast aluminum parts whereas this RC4WD kit has much stronger Billet Aluminum parts guaranteed to last longer.

An amazing customer in Canada took one of the Axial kits and turned it into a Mini-Me for Marlin, check it out:

A few more pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150146905992725.288530.178624092724

Regards,
BigMike

theslayer85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Male Posts: 300
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »
If I can ever get my full size one done, having a matching RC would be awesome.  Only a tad cheaper than the real one.

theslayer85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »

The diesel motorcycle itself is really cool.  I didn't know that one even existed. 

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: Nov 18, 2014, 02:52:08 PM »
Not sure if this has already been posted. CruzrDave told me about it today, I looked it up, and had to share. I am offended and I'm not even in the military. There seems to be a lot of negative comments on YT. What do you guys think?

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: Nov 18, 2014, 03:12:46 PM »
If the guy graduated but hasn't 'seen action' whats the problem?  Then the other guys saying they are Rangers are out of line.

But if the guy is saying he is a Ranger, and other Rangers call him out as a liar, and he isn't a Ranger but wearing a uniform and caliming he is...he deserves the public humiliation, prob a little more too.

Any proof that the guy in uniform is or is not a Ranger? What about the guy putting his forearm out?  Was that guy a Ranger? Any proof?

To be honest the guy in Uniform doesn't strike me as a Ranger, but who knows.  And the guy in civies looks like he is over weight and outta shape, also not typical of a Ranger, even when retired.

I'm not sure why his buddy would film him and post to youtube without them proving he was an 'Ex-Ranger'.  I would expect more proficiency from anybody posting up as a Ranger, and would assume an 'Ex-Ranger' would make sure his buddy filming put something up that didnt leave any room for error.

Guy didn't state his rank, name, years of service or deployment.  How do we know he was an Ex-Ranger  Didnt even look at the camera or show his face. 

Need more info to really decide on who is the d-bag.

theslayer85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: Nov 18, 2014, 06:23:49 PM »
I am with jssgbsn on this one.  Nothing was proven either way on this, but I do know that you can buy complete uniforms rank, patches and all.  My dad is a colonel in the Army and I can wear his uniform around and not many people would know, I guess other than age.  I have the same last name and the uniform is real.  I know with the video games and air soft stuff getting more and more popular I wouldn't be surprised if there are people faking it.  Not my place to call them out on it like these guys did. 

Who knows this guy may get flustered under pressure and with people yelling at him he didn't know what to say or do.  I wouldn't give some random guy my ID to prove anything. 

Nation

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '13
  • @nationallmotors
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #1102 on: Nov 18, 2014, 06:32:45 PM »
Idk either or care. I'd imagine if he were a soldier it would hurt his feelings that the people he was fighting for were acting that way... but who knows. Either way  :beerchug:
3RZ, LC engineering Turbo kit, R151, Dual Ultimate, Yota axles-5:29s, Spartan front, LSD Rear

1985CRAWLER

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 267
  • Male Posts: 1,163
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Backyard Built
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: Nov 18, 2014, 06:36:47 PM »
not youtube ,but that red toyota though! gonna watch it just for that.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152339830566184&pnref=story
low n' slow 85 runner SR5 22re,rcvs ,Duals,5.29s,Detroits f&r,40s,RUF,Chevy 63 rears,Armored,Cage

bobbed and beat 91 ex cab,3RZ swapped,dual ultimates, dana 44 sas 5.38/5.29 combo,37s, RUF, 63 rears,ARB front, detroit rear,cage

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=96250.msg1073007;topicseen#msg1073007

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26920.390

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: Nov 18, 2014, 08:41:44 PM »
not youtube ,but that red toyota though! gonna watch it just for that.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152339830566184&pnref=story

Glad to see somebody uplifting the comments, LOL!

theslayer85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: Nov 18, 2014, 10:36:23 PM »

theslayer85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: Nov 18, 2014, 10:55:34 PM »

I first saw the animated version on my phone and though it was real at first.  This one proves it is not too far off.  Amazing. 

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8349
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

Nation

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Mar '13
  • @nationallmotors
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #1109 on: Nov 20, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »

This is the coolest thing i have seen in years. I cant believe i have never tried that.