Author Topic: My Version of the One Link. . . . . . .and Build-up  (Read 3110 times)

Sluice Box Hero

• My mom says im special
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -114
  • Male Posts: 637
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Tell your mom hi, and thank her for last night
    • View Profile
My Version of the One Link. . . . . . .and Build-up
« on: Jan 01, 2005, 03:57:35 AM »

Blue are the links
Red are the coils: XJ springs front and HD aerostar rear
Yellow are the mounts where the Jonny Joint will be and where the panard connects the frame using some sort of leaf spring bushing (1.25 ID using a 5/8th bolt), any suggestions? (darker yellow) and axle (lighter yellow)
Maroon are the drivelines (you cant really see, but they are just a small line.

this is what i am planning for the front and rear of my toyota.  its going to be around 120" wheel base of full width HD44 front and 14bolt rear w/ 5.13 gears, open in the rear and welded up front.  the front is a low pinion so i desiged the front link so that it goes around the pinion.  of course this is not as strong as it will be in the rear, but it is what i have to work with.  it should flex the same and feel the same as if the right link went out similar to the left link.  none the less, i think it will work and clear the drive shaft just fine throughout flex.  the front axle will have 3 points (possibly 2 if i scrap the one that runs exactly straight).  on the pumpkin there will be 2 link mounts and the panard mount as well.  each panard will be made from 2" .250 wall DOM.  the font crossmember will be just in fornt of the tranny crossmember.  and the rear crossmember will be almost directly below the rear output on the xcase.  im going to mount each as high as possible.  i am thinking about using 2 .325 wall tubing for the front and rear links and to make a diff hoop over the top of the pumpkin in the front to attach eveything to.

i should be starting this in the next few weeks ill post pictures.  before i start all this though i have to replace my tranny, clutch, buy rear gears and install them as well as the front gears, buy flattop knuckle, mill drill and tap that knuckle, buy hi-steer, move sterring box, buy steering links and suspension links, and most importantly, disassemble the truck.  so i have a lot of work ahead of me, and i promised myself i wouldnt start before i had everything, so it may take a while.  good thing i live at home, work full time and have only school bills :D:D:D

if you have any sugggestions im listening.

Callen
"You know that feeling right after you take a huge dump? . . . . Awesome"
-Cartman

Angler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 128
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
what ever happend with this build?

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
wow...out of the archives it comes!

Sluice Box Hero [OP]

• My mom says im special
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -114
  • Male Posts: 637
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Tell your mom hi, and thank her for last night
    • View Profile
went leafs front and rear and now has D60/FF14 dual ultimate, full hydro, flatbelly, 42s, etc. . . . .thinking about linking it in the front real soon, but i will go with a real 4 link.

i still think this would be a good way to build one links though.

Callen
"You know that feeling right after you take a huge dump? . . . . Awesome"
-Cartman

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
damn this post is old. this is what you were doing on your new years. posting on marlin. it was only 4hrs into the new year, lame.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER