Author Topic: Cell phone providers  (Read 2057 times)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Cell phone providers
« on: Jun 26, 2010, 08:39:30 AM »
Whos got what for a phone, carrier, what do you like about your plan, what do you pay, coverage, etc.
I need a new phone, but my contract doesnt end for 6 months, I could get a better plan for the same money and a 430 phone for 75 bucks from another provider. But Id pay a 175 termination fee.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

Joey88RUNR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 1,057
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
Re: Cell phone providers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2010, 08:56:29 AM »
I have Verizon and just resigned 2 more years with them to get the HTC incredible, I think its better than iPhone my bill is like 120 month , I have all the data packages , the phone was 199 for signing 2 years . And love it
SaS'd Dual ultimate crawler w/5.29s Aussie front/detriot Rear, 35's Mtr's with kevlar

junya92toy [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2010, 09:16:28 AM »
I could get the htc hero from sprint for 75 bucks, pay 69.99 for unlimited mobile to mobile unlimited txts and unlimited mobile web.

I pay 65 now from verizon for just 450 mins and unlimited txts.  But Id have to pay a 175 fee if i cancel.

So if I did cancel I would be paying 250 for a 430 phone and get a better plan at the same cost.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2010, 09:38:40 AM »
I got a DROID for $99.00 through Verizon's website and I have unlimited call/txt and data.  My bill is right at $100 a month.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 62
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Truth... Justice... Honor...
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »
I have verizon and love it.  I have at many times made whone calls and sent texts for my friends with other carriers while we were camping because they did not have coverage.  I have the Motorola Droid and love it.  Had it since the 2nd day it came out.  My opinion is its 1000x better than the iphone.  If you were to switch my advice would be to wait a little while.  The droid 2 is coming out in july and its gonna be way better and run circles around the iphone 4.  If you are not into smartphones, i also switch back and forth while camping to their casio waterproof phones.  Im the only guy on the lake, ocean kayaking, and floating down the river drinking beer that has their phone and service to make a call in case of an emergency... or taking cheap pics.

So as far as service and phones go i love verizon's android phones.  Not to mention they still offer unlimited 3g data plans.  But their customer service is very helpful both in store and over the phone.  I have never gotten the run around from them and at one point they even lent me a doner phone because i broke mine for a month till my contract was up for renewal (they weren't allowed to do that anymore).

Any specific questions feel free to post em or PM me. 

oh and P.S.
-sent from my motorola droid :thumbs:
"Who let the jeeps come?
Easy... easy..." -2 people on the CB

81 Toy Pickup SR5
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35701.0

Daily Driver: 96 Dodge Ram 2nd DD/Tow Rig

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2010, 03:25:04 PM »
you should have started the subject as  "Cell phone providers all suck"

they do, I have yet to find a cell phone company that can give what they promise... i've just about had 'em all... every body makes a cheap phone that falls apart within the first year and every service drop's off constantly...

we're not talking about cutting out when your up in the mountains or some where far away from a cell tower... that is understandable.. i'm talking in the middle of town.

my company phone is threw nextel/sprint... can't stand 'em... we went to verizon for awhile and they were just as bad.

i've been through 2 of these i365 phones and working on my 3rd... this one is currently being held together by a piece of tape. seriously..

waste of money!   

good luck.
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2010, 06:39:37 PM »
we're not talking about cutting out when your up in the mountains or some where far away from a cell tower... that is understandable.. i'm talking in the middle of town.

No joke, that's why I'm hesitant to pay my at&t bill.  Takes me 3-83 call backs to finish a conversation with somebody, and lord help me if it goes over 15 minutes!  And that's with full bars, not 1 or 2.  They may suck it. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -130
  • Male Posts: 2,046
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »
I got at&t, and its horrible, tons of dead spots on i5, for no apparent reason, bill for me and my girl is 100 bucks a month. And for some reason that they cant fix, i havent been able to recieve pics on my phone for almost 4 months.
2008 TRD 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma
1994 12 valve 5 speed 4x4 single cab dodge 2500
1986 22re 5speed 3link 4runner (the beater)
1982 3rz swapped pickup (in progress)

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 26, 2010, 09:42:11 PM »
at&t is good around here (butte co. ca.)
Im paying 160
4 new 300 phones for 20 each-tax
1200 minutes
1 line unlimited text
1 line full internet, unlimited text.

we only use the two lines.
my bill will go down 30$ when I can cancel 2 of em.

Ive had em all and att is the best all around- in my opinion)

but yes they all suck, hidden fees, late fees galore.
always changing $hit, new taxes ect. and on and on

hope that helps, good luck

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2010, 02:43:34 AM »
T-Mobile here, had them forever and have had nothing but great service from them. I didn't set it up and don't pay it but my wife is the ultimate shop-around type person so I bet it was the best deal around. Currently we have 5 lines, there is no charge when calling other T-Mobile phones, no charge for 5 additional people that you keep as favs. and unlimited text. I don't know how many minutes we get but we have never gone over and I use mine  a lot and so does my wife, the kids are big into texting so no issues there. Everytime I turn around they are giving us a new phone for free and I'm not talking about bottom of the line junk. My wife and I have slides with full keyboards from Samsung, Jaz has a touch screen and the lastest one we just got Rocks For Brains has (he always gets the new ones) is the lastest greatest one out (don't know which one) and we have never paid a dime for one of them or any of the previous phones. I think we are paying a little over $100.00 but I can find out. Sometimes it pays to stay loyal to a cell phone co. We've had others and finally settled on T-Mobil they seem to appreciate their customers the stick with them.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Male Posts: 1,018
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2010, 02:45:05 AM »
I've had alot also. First phone at 16, now I'm 23. I had us cell which sucked, Sprint is by far the worst with over charges and no explanation of charges and you get some one in Iraq or were ever that answers when you call for customer service that can not speak one word of english.

What I got now is verizon and I love it. I get service in my town all over oregon, and 99% of the way from oregon to northdakota. I got service in the dunes today, gotten service in the mountains as well. I pay $107.97 every month for the past 2 years. For 2 phones with 1100 anytime minutes, unlimited text, nights and weekends free after 7 which I'm sure is standard now, Insurance on 1 phone and internet on 1 phone.  I stand by them and any issues I've had they always made it right for me.

Att is ok also I've heard.
96 horunner 3.4 elocker armored
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2010, 02:50:27 AM »
Yeah I forgot to mention that we all have internet too.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you