Author Topic: Ipod / CD Deck issue  (Read 2119 times)

PadawanYota_Stovy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 154
  • Member since Apr '09
  • I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota
    • View Profile
Ipod / CD Deck issue
« on: Jun 23, 2010, 08:09:23 AM »
Hey guys its me again. I have a small Ipod questions / issue going on with my deck and cord. I think I figured it out that it is my cord but I'm not sure. Does any one have or no about the CD decks that allow USB plug in's from the Ipods and allow to play it on the face plate etc.The CD Deck that I have is a Pioneer. My Ipod cord seems to bad I think, the problem even when I plug the cord into my computer all it is doing is charging the I tunes won't even recognize it nor will the  CD player do the same except for charging . Any one got any ideas ? Thanks a bunch guys . .

Stats : 85 Toyota 22RE , 3" body lift, 32" wild country's, Duel Marlin, Lock rights front and rear, full inside cage. 

I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota

-Jake-

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 538
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Re: Ipod / CD Deck issue
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2010, 08:15:18 AM »
Do you just have the cord that came with your iPod?  The "iPod ready" decks need a specialized cord designed to plug into the back of the deck.  Well thats how it was when I did mine back in 07 and we all know technology changes quick.  Here is a similar cord I needed with my deck. 

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/7534761/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046
81 Hilux, E-Lockers, 5.29s, Duals, 30 spline Longfields, 8274 Warn, 40" Iroks, F150s and RUF

K.Lund

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -10
  • Male Posts: 35
  • Member since Jan '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »
Assuming that the Ipod works fine, if it will not play through your computer with the same cable, then it is the cable.  I have seen this many times.

Keith
1983 underconstruction

PadawanYota_Stovy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2010, 11:05:33 PM »
Jake there is just a usb connector thing in front of the my CD deck and I just the apple cord that came with my I pod Nano . Keith yea I kinda thought the same thing while it only charges plugged into my computer ( this only happened today , while plugged into the computer) I can barrow a friends other cord and find with in the next few days to see if it is cord. I think I've had this I pod at least since 06 . How long do the cords usually last ?

Stats : 85 Toyota 22RE , 3" body lift, 32" wild country's, Duel Marlin, Lock rights front and rear, full inside cage. 

K.Lund

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2010, 07:11:20 AM »
It depends on how many times you disconnect and reconnect them and if there is allot of movement when they are plugged in.  I never unplug the usb part in my truck and my ipod doesn't move around(velcro holds it in the glovebox) and mine is over three years old.  We also have customers that go through one per year.
1983 underconstruction

PadawanYota_Stovy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2010, 07:23:56 AM »
Yea mine has gone threw a lot since I've owned it it was either 06 or 05 like I said .It gets unplugged probably a few times a month from adding new songs and stuff like that.So I'm sure its time for a new cord.It is just weird that all of sudden one day it didn't work in the USB deck when just like the other before hand it was working just fine, oh well. How much is a regular cord and where can I get them ? I really don't have a best buy close to me here in Yellowstone.

K.Lund

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:05:50 AM »
Ebay is the cheapest that I have found.

1983 underconstruction

MeSwoleShane

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jun '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2010, 02:41:06 PM »
If you have RCA inputs on the radio you can use a RCA to headphone adapter wire. Costs about $5 from wally world. Just plugs into the input and plugs into the headphone port on the phone. I use it on all my vehicles and boat.