Author Topic: people on the rubicon  (Read 12159 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: people on the rubicon
« Reply #90 on: Jul 10, 2010, 11:27:21 PM »
I just think people are inconsiderate to others nowadays. I got a flat last night at 11pm. 2 lane road, and no one slowed down. I had big rigs going by me at 60 with 2 feet of room.

That actually doesn't sound like a safe situation for somebody to stop in, and is actually how the last couple or more very recent chp officer deaths have happened. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 62
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Truth... Justice... Honor...
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #91 on: Jul 11, 2010, 12:28:11 AM »
I stick with the motto "Do unto others..." but I'm afraid very few people these days practice that kind of mentallity.

Not only is it just the right thing to do, helping people out, but you never know who you might be helping. 

I drove a guy to the gas station so he could fill up a small gas tank he had and drive his car there.  2 years later he turned out to be my professor and he recognized me, i had forgotten all about the incident.  Easiest A i ever got.

I never pull over to help out stranded motorists expecting something, and i feel like 9/10 no one stops and of those 10% about half are expecting you give them money for helping you out or something.  I hate CA, hows the State Budget in AZ for Public Safety?  I'm moving. lol
"Who let the jeeps come?
Easy... easy..." -2 people on the CB

81 Toy Pickup SR5
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35701.0

Daily Driver: 96 Dodge Ram 2nd DD/Tow Rig

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Jul 11, 2010, 12:51:53 AM »
See in CA, they give the dead drug dealer a medal and you go to jail for life.

Texas is where its at, from what I hear- you can shoot someone in defense of a friend/family member and not face charges/suits.
If someone verbally threatens your life and you believe they have the means to carry it out, blast away, and you dont even have to wait around... Go somplace safe and wait for the cops to show to give you your trophy and handshake  :king:

Ca is a killer state but from what I hear they have harsher laws then some communist countries...  :dunno:
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Jul 11, 2010, 09:09:50 AM »
That actually doesn't sound like a safe situation for somebody to stop in, and is actually how the last couple or more very recent chp officer deaths have happened.  

I wasnt saying I felt like that anyone should of stopped for me to help, I said/meant that they could of at least slowed down for me, do to the fact there was so little room. Plus that is why those cops died, no one cared enough to say, "Hey, there is a situation there and I better slow down to be safe."
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

YotaNate

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 276
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Jul 11, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »
^^^ Agree!

There are signs everywhere here in NC that say something to the effect that if a Motorist or Law Enforcement is pulled over on the side of the road you MUST move over into the Left lane for safety.  Not everyone does it but most do.  There will always be the drivers that are either so unobservant or just plain stupid that they fail to recognize what is going on and move over for safety.  The old days are gone Jerry.

Nate
"A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper asked.  What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Jul 11, 2010, 09:25:14 PM »
Not only is it just the right thing to do, helping people out, but you never know who you might be helping. 

I drove a guy to the gas station so he could fill up a small gas tank he had and drive his car there.  2 years later he turned out to be my professor and he recognized me, i had forgotten all about the incident.  Easiest A i ever got.

I never pull over to help out stranded motorists expecting something, and i feel like 9/10 no one stops and of those 10% about half are expecting you give them money for helping you out or something.  I hate CA, hows the State Budget in AZ for Public Safety?  I'm moving. lol

Last winter I saw this older lady in an ex county 80s Dodge pick up, high centered on a snow berm on the side of the road. At the time, my friend and I worked in the same industrial area part of town, and started work at the same time. I was already running late for work but as I drove up saw my friend was trying to strap her off the berm with his 85. He had no lockers or gears or anything at the time and it was slick and it wasn't working. I called my boss and told him I was gonna be a little late. I pulled up and and we unhooked his straps and I pulled around to winch her off the berm. When I had her winched off and good to go, she handed me a twenty and asked if I needed more. I told her it was quite alright and she kept insisting. I refused the money and told her to be more careful next time and make sure to lock the hubs and put it in 4 Lo if she plans on barging it again (turns out she had never locked her hubs). She looked dumbfounded that I wouldn't take the money.

Thats the problem with our society these days.... its all for one and none for all.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting