Author Topic: anyone lift the rear of a taco before like this?  (Read 3718 times)

Makohon

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
anyone lift the rear of a taco before like this?
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:44:28 PM »
http://reviews.ebay.com/95-99-TOYOTA-TACOMA-REAR-SUSPENSION-LIFT-NO_W0QQugidZ10000000003254079

ya ya buy shackles or blocks but i dont want to spend money if the ride is fairly stock after doing this i think ill try it... i just dont picture the ride being pleasent but you never know...
91 std cab, flatbed, 35 mtr's, aussie, 5.29's, 4.7's, twin sticks

bleakhorizon

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 803
  • Member since Jul '07
  • I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    • View Profile
my friend did this on his taco, when he bought some spacers for the front... it wasnt much worse than stock BUT he always had a large toolbox in his bed (prob 100lbs plus) so unloaded it would prob be rough as hell...
Those are some huge welds!

Tillamook, OR

Broke_Okie_Ty

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Jun '06
  • slightly deranged
    • View Profile
i have an add a leaf and it blows. if you live in fresno ca and want to pull mine you can have them

crawler92

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Jeep Recovery Team
    • View Profile
I have an add a leaf and it works surprisingly well.  It is my dd but it handles pretty well on the street and still flexes.

crawler92

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Jeep Recovery Team
    • View Profile
oh, I do have non pressurized rancho shocks on the back, which may help soften it up a little.

Emerz

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 238
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
I'm working out ok with add-a-leafs as well.  As time has gone by they have gotten a little softer.  Payload has also been helped.  It triples as my DD, trail rig and wood hauler.

<MIKE>

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 618
  • Member since Dec '09
  • Swap, Lock, and Rock it
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
it doesn't look like this is an add a leaf kit. theyre talking about flipping the overload leaf upside down to gain an inch of lift. we did this on myh buddies tacoma and it did lift it a little. however the rear did lose a little flex but thats not really a concern since it was still on 33s and ifs front. it drives great on the road though.
1987 4runner
Dual cases, 2.28-4.7
Dana 60 Rear; Danna 44 front; 5.89’s
249:1

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
ya i know its just flipping the bottom leaf and not add a leaf... i could care less about flex on this truck, not really my wheeler... just wanted to do a cheap and easy lift to fit 33's... just concerned about ride quality... basically im flpping the tacoma i bought and obviously the more money i save the more im gonna make off it... i thing ill try it this week some time and see how it rides
91 std cab, flatbed, 35 mtr's, aussie, 5.29's, 4.7's, twin sticks

<MIKE>

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
ya it rides fine. my buddies truck has a 3.4 so its a little heavier and he has a camper shell though.
1987 4runner
Dual cases, 2.28-4.7

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
do not flip that spring over. toyota put it on that way for a reason. get an add-a-leaf or lift springs. i have an add-a-leaf and it works great, good flex still and around $70 i think its 2 years old and still good
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

<MIKE>

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
they also put ifs on for a reason.
1987 4runner
Dual cases, 2.28-4.7

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
they also put ifs on for a reason.

ya true haha
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
It'll ride like a Toyota forklift and eventually break the springs if you use it for anything other than a mall crawler. The way they work is as the springs compress from weight the load leaf flattens the ones above it, by flipping tem they will now cup the springs and not allow them to flatten. This will cause the portion of the springs that extend beyond the load leaf bending the springs since the load leaf is not designed to flex like the ones in the pack. They will fatigue quickly and fail in offroad use. Also there are plenty of aftermarket add in leafs (add a leafs) that are good and will not cause a harsh ride. Generally the longer and thinner the add a leaf the better. I used to have to trim Downey's long leaf since it would ride on the spring clamps.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you