Author Topic: Taxes and Dependants  (Read 2142 times)

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
Taxes and Dependants
« on: Apr 13, 2010, 09:03:20 AM »
Hmmmm......Since Obamacare is now law can I claim those 36 million people who will get healthcare now as Dependants?

I also wonder if I should claim the Federal Governemt as a dependant?   
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes and Dependants
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2010, 09:02:52 PM »
I don't know what your thinking, cause we've been flipping the federal governments bills for years.  Why is everybody bitching about it now.  Just because Obama is in office?  I don't know where people's heads have been, it's like all of a sudden we got everybody putting the blame of Obama.  Where do you think all the illegal's been getting their health care paid from?  Or the housing they need?  Of the food they need to put on their table?  If a pregnant illegal has a kid born in USA, they are automatically able to get free housing, medical, welfare, food stamps, and gas for their rig, all at the expense of you and I.  And this has been going on for years, way before Obama ever came into office, or even thought about running for office.

I had somebody bitching about how the Social Security issue was all Obama's doing, not the fact that Reagan borrowed so much from it, it screwed all of us future retirees from possibly ever getting social security.  This year, the federal government is paying out more in SS than is coming in. 

I'm sick of everybody thinking it's all Obama's fault.  WTF do you think McCain was gonna do?  Hold your hand while you pee?  He was gonna dump $$$$$ into everything just like Obama is doing.  I wish everybody would do their reading, before they start bitching.

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Toymin8r [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2010, 09:33:57 PM »
I am blaming Obama because he is the one with the power to change it and he's not.  He's just making it worse.   If the next president is no different I'll blame him too.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2010, 10:18:40 PM »
He is the one who pushed this ridiculous health care bill, therefore he is responsible  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2010, 06:20:43 AM »
McCain was gonna do the same thing, would you blame him too if he got in office?
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 33
  • Male Posts: 719
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2010, 07:00:45 AM »
I voted for obama and dont agree with everything he has done but i personally think John Mcain is an idiot and am glad i didnt vote for him. I wish we cold kick him out of Arizona considering he said e would do sooo much for the country but his own state is in shambles still to this day so i doubt he would be doing any better. I do think its funny when people speak so highly of Reagan and Clinton about them fixing the budget and getting it balanced but each president borrowed hundreds of billions from social security. How can you have a balaced budget when you owe social security so much money? But then again what do i know considering i favor raisiing taxes.

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2010, 09:43:51 AM »
Hey Cheesy,

I think the problem is the sad reality that humans don't seem to care what is going on until it directly affects them. You know what I mean? Sure ppl say it's not right for illegals to get all this aid (at our hidden expense), but now when the government steps in and says what insurance you can or cannot have, and if you choose the latter then you will have to pay like $2,000 every April as a penalty. That directly affects people and perhaps that is why they ppl are blowing up, amongst other reasons..

:twocents:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BAMF

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 40
  • Male Posts: 179
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »
I think everyone is "blaming" Obama because he is a face that people can direct their frustrations toward.

The American Taxpayer has long been frustrated by an ever increasing and ineffectual government combined with elected representatives that do anything but represent.  Even though we all knew our money was being wasted, it was something we put up with; along with the pork barrel spending we hoped that we were getting some good out of it.  It was a kind of tongue in cheek unspoken reality.  We shrugged our shoulders because we knew there would always be corruption but it was a fact of life in politics.  The reason we bought the lies and put up with the status quo is that we still had a faith.  A faith that, somewhere behind the fake television smile and greasy handshake, was a public servant who still had our best interests in mind.  But that has changed.

This administration is not being subtle anymore.  Gone are the pretenses.  This new government is saying, "We know better than you.  We are going to take your money, wether you like it or not, WE will tell you how to spend it, and there is nothing you can do about it."  No longer is it that old transparent facade, now it is being blatantly throwing it in the face of the people.  We have gone from "a government of the people, for the people, and by the people" to "we are the government, you will obey."  There has been a "paradigm shift" in the government model.  Maybe the American people can't specifically point their finger at what the change is but they can sense it, like the dark clouds on the horizon, they know trouble is coming.  The face they can direct this frustration and anger toward is Obama.  After all, it is ultimately his administration that is effecting the change. 

I for one prefer to direct my ire toward Nancy Pelosi and her cloven hooves.  Where does that creature hide her bi-forked tail when she is on camera?
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2010, 04:04:04 PM »
I think everyone is "blaming" Obama because he is a face that people can direct their frustrations toward.

The American Taxpayer has long been frustrated by an ever increasing and ineffectual government combined with elected representatives that do anything but represent.  Even though we all knew our money was being wasted, it was something we put up with; along with the pork barrel spending we hoped that we were getting some good out of it.  It was a kind of tongue in cheek unspoken reality.  We shrugged our shoulders because we knew there would always be corruption but it was a fact of life in politics.  The reason we bought the lies and put up with the status quo is that we still had a faith.  A faith that, somewhere behind the fake television smile and greasy handshake, was a public servant who still had our best interests in mind.  But that has changed.

This administration is not being subtle anymore.  Gone are the pretenses.  This new government is saying, "We know better than you.  We are going to take your money, wether you like it or not, WE will tell you how to spend it, and there is nothing you can do about it."  No longer is it that old transparent facade, now it is being blatantly throwing it in the face of the people.  We have gone from "a government of the people, for the people, and by the people" to "we are the government, you will obey."  There has been a "paradigm shift" in the government model.  Maybe the American people can't specifically point their finger at what the change is but they can sense it, like the dark clouds on the horizon, they know trouble is coming.  The face they can direct this frustration and anger toward is Obama.  After all, it is ultimately his administration that is effecting the change. 

I for one prefer to direct my ire toward Nancy Pelosi and her cloven hooves.  Where does that creature hide her bi-forked tail when she is on camera?

Well said! I don't think Obama is the source of all the problems we have now, he's just the current occupant, and therefore the target of all the ire of the US. I've said it before, but will say it again. I think he was brought in as "the closer". Where we are today is the culmination of many many years of fiscal irresponsibility, greed and power grabbing. This has been going on for a lot longer that anyone cares to imagine, and it runs deeper than most of us are capable of understanding.

Say a prayer for our once great nation tonight before you go to bed, 'cause we all need it.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »
Hmmmm......Since Obamacare is now law can I claim those 36 million people who will get healthcare now as Dependants?

I also wonder if I should claim the Federal Governemt as a dependant?   

Beautiful! I'm going to bring this up to my tax preparer, and see what kind of reductions I can get. I've got to pay an extra $9k this year!!!! I don't mind paying my fair share, but why is it that 55% of americans pay nothing, and I have to pay extra? Don't seem that fair to me, especially when the majority of my $$ are going to things that I don't believe in.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2010, 04:29:20 PM »
obama is going to jack the military members pay increases :tantrum:
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »
 I'm sick of everybody thinking it's all Obama's fault.  

I've been here for decades!

Obama is just the most radical President we've had in my lifetime. I've been railing against the size and scope of the federal government since I was a wee lad. Not that I'm any great visionary...I just happen to like freedom.

I know I said it here and everywhere I went before the election...that electing Obama might just be the best thing for the nation, in the long run, because either he would drive it into the ground or the masses would sit up, take notice and we might have a renaissance of involvement and awareness.

It's always driven me crazy that people just let the government happen to them instead of taking charge and being involved.

I wish we cold kick him out of Arizona

While we can't force him to leave the state...your chance to get him out of office comes August, 24th.

But, I'd vote for McCain in the general before I'd vote for Rodney...he's from my district in the city council.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2010, 05:22:48 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)