Author Topic: WANTED ORS 3RZ to 85 4runner harness  (Read 2420 times)

peacesells

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
WANTED ORS 3RZ to 85 4runner harness
« on: Mar 22, 2010, 07:00:35 AM »
I am going to be doing a 3rz conversion in the next few months and would like to same some time/headaches in the wiring department. ORS apparently does not respond to emails anymore, so im looking for someone that bought a harness and never used it or just has a conversion harness. I have an 85 runner with a 22re, going to a 2003 3rz with the coil packs on each spark plug. PM me with any good news, Thanks -Mike  :beer:
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

woodfella

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED ORS 3RZ to 85 4runner harness
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
Didnt they close up? Not trying to start any rumors but I feel like I read that here. Any whoo, I am a complete mouth breathing knuckle dragger and I did the swap. Just finished 2 weeks ago. It is not all that hard. I think the re-routing of brakes, fuel and exhaust were more work than the wires. Just start searching now for info and you will be fine :thumbs: If I can help at all just pm with questions.

kauaikid

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 267
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »
pheonixtuning makes harnesses starting at $525.00 i was going with them and then ended up going with LCengineerings SDS kits which was a lot more expensive.
84 longbed, lc eng. top end kit, dual cases w/ 4.7 in rear, arb's front w/high pinion and rear with v6 diff., 5.29's w/ 35s, all-pro long travel 4" and much more

peacesells [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2010, 02:56:51 AM »
Didnt they close up? Not trying to start any rumors but I feel like I read that here. Any whoo, I am a complete mouth breathing knuckle dragger and I did the swap. Just finished 2 weeks ago. It is not all that hard. I think the re-routing of brakes, fuel and exhaust were more work than the wires. Just start searching now for info and you will be fine :thumbs: If I can help at all just pm with questions.

Thanks for the reply, yeah they closed up a while back. I will likely end up doing the wiring myself, what year was your 3rz?

pheonixtuning makes harnesses starting at $525.00 i was going with them and then ended up going with LCengineerings SDS kits which was a lot more expensive.

Thanks man, ill have to check them out!

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:10:33 AM »
just wire it in man its easy as hell and you can get everything you need at a junkyard. those ORS harnesses are a joke prolly why they are no longer in business!

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 33
  • Male Posts: 719
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »
My ors harness is great and was super easy to hook up, even for a wiring idiot like myself. I heard Mike from Ors still will make harnesses if you really want it. Its going to be tuff for you to get emissions done on that new of a motor Mike. Its been done but alot of modifications were made to the gas tank to incorporate all the emissions stuff into it. My 3rz is a 2002 with the same emissions equipment and i couldnt do the gas tank mods since i dont run a toyota gas tank. Deans 3rz swap was a 2003 and you can see on his build all that was needed.

peacesells [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
Ive been sending email to mike for the last 6 months, he must not want the work. I havent had a single reply in over 30 attempts.

I already have the complete tacoma harness (and I mean complete) I just dont want to have to figure it out. Ive heard it is rediculously easy and ive heard that it was the biggest pain in the ass and that I should order the ors harness from the start. I know it is going to be a pain in the ass, I know nothing about wiring or ob2 period. I dont dive into projects unless I know what im getting into, so I would have to do some learning before I start on this swap. In order to get this done asap I would like to find a plug in harness as this is my daily driver for the time being.

As far as emissions, I hear its not bad. They go by vehicle year here, not motor year like in cali. It does not matter much anyways because I can register in coconino county and not have to do emissions.

peacesells [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »
Joe, could you send me a link to deans 3rz page? I cannot find it, gotta love the search function on this forum...

woodfella

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2010, 04:41:42 PM »
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=19275.0
Here is the link to all the 3rz data. Mine is a 96, but there isnt a whole lotta difference. When you get down to the nitty gritty I can help you with the last connections. Just make sure to do ALL your fuel and brake routing prior to final install. If you dont need to smog it there isnt really that many connections needed for full performance. I ditched all the bs, but I live in Oregon and dont need to smog:)

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2010, 04:59:01 PM »
Here is the link to all the 3rz data. Mine is a 96, but there isnt a whole lotta difference. When you get down to the nitty gritty I can help you with the last connections. Just make sure to do ALL your fuel and brake routing prior to final install. If you dont need to smog it there isnt really that many connections needed for full performance. I ditched all the bs, but I live in Oregon and dont need to smog:)

I know a guy here in Colorado that is a toyota tech that built my 3.4 5vze harness and he just finshed his own 3rz swap. He only charged me $200 and I think he does harness' for that motor also, I'll ask him
Colorado...its where the cool kids live

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2010, 06:49:14 PM »

quote author=peacesells link=topic=68799.msg830489#msg830489 date=1269471678]
Ive been sending email to mike for the last 6 months, he must not want the work. I havent had a single reply in over 30 attempts.

I already have the complete tacoma harness (and I mean complete) I just dont want to have to figure it out. Ive heard it is rediculously easy and ive heard that it was the biggest pain in the ass and that I should order the ors harness from the start. I know it is going to be a pain in the ass, I know nothing about wiring or ob2 period. I dont dive into projects unless I know what im getting into, so I would have to do some learning before I start on this swap. In order to get this done asap I would like to find a plug in harness as this is my daily driver for the time being.

As far as emissions, I hear its not bad. They go by vehicle year here, not motor year like in cali. It does not matter much anyways because I can register in coconino county and not have to do emissions.
[/quote]

You can try tacorunner on the board he might bea ble to get ahold of mike from ors. I didnt know they went by vehicle year here, i will try to run mine thru emission then. if it doesnt pass i might register it up north in strawberry at my parent s cabin. Whenever you are ready to do the swap and need a hand let me know.

peacesells [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:48:45 PM »
I know a guy here in Colorado that is a toyota tech that built my 3.4 5vze harness and he just finshed his own 3rz swap. He only charged me $200 and I think he does harness' for that motor also, I'll ask him

Cool, thanks man that would be much appreciated. Im lost so far, really dont want to make the harness myself...

I cant seem to find any actual diagrams for a 03 3rz anywhere. Everyone has small notes on their mistakes and how to correct them, but I need to know what needs what to run, and where it connects to. If I do end up making the harness myself I will make a diagram and post it up here to help everyone out. Even though lots of other people have done it, nobody has posted a diagram that I can find.

Every motor swap ive done before has always gone by vehicle year, so as long as the cel is off, evap is hooked up, and sniffer test passes all should be good.

Thanks man, I appreciate the help!

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:42:14 AM »
Cool, thanks man that would be much appreciated. Im lost so far, really dont want to make the harness myself...

I cant seem to find any actual diagrams for a 03 3rz anywhere. Everyone has small notes on their mistakes and how to correct them, but I need to know what needs what to run, and where it connects to. If I do end up making the harness myself I will make a diagram and post it up here to help everyone out. Even though lots of other people have done it, nobody has posted a diagram that I can find.

Every motor swap ive done before has always gone by vehicle year, so as long as the cel is off, evap is hooked up, and sniffer test passes all should be good.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti;TISESSIONID=FygCLDhTn02ZYJ5Gpg0t7Zn1Mjx5t22JfQ1LJq4Wt15YCwBJ4hq4!-346840816?_pageLabel=ti_manage_account&_nfpb=true&SourceUrl=https://buy.equipmentsolutions.com/toyota/tms_t3/register.asp

You pay and download the EWD

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:42:40 AM »
I have them for a 97 but that does not help you much

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »

[/quote]

Deans swap is one of the ones that Bigmike did and its in the 3rz database on the board, also the evap on the 2002 and newer is where i thought the problem is, i thought on Mine and yours the evap is a big goofy box that is back by the gas tank whith a bunch of hoses going to the tank. I use a evap box off a 2000 and everything seems to run fine. My cel is on but i havent checked to see why.

peacesells [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti;TISESSIONID=FygCLDhTn02ZYJ5Gpg0t7Zn1Mjx5t22JfQ1LJq4Wt15YCwBJ4hq4!-346840816?_pageLabel=ti_manage_account&_nfpb=true&SourceUrl=https://buy.equipmentsolutions.com/toyota/tms_t3/register.asp

You pay and download the EWD

Thanks man!

Deans swap is one of the ones that Bigmike did and its in the 3rz database on the board, also the evap on the 2002 and newer is where i thought the problem is, i thought on Mine and yours the evap is a big goofy box that is back by the gas tank whith a bunch of hoses going to the tank. I use a evap box off a 2000 and everything seems to run fine. My cel is on but i havent checked to see why.

I have a scanner if you want to check it out. Id like to take a look at your swap, never got to see one in person. Everyone took off sunday by 10am at azrocks, was hoping to scope one out there!

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »
Yea if you ever want to swing by to check my swap out you are more than welcome, and i can check for codes at the same time.

wslytoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 308
  • Member since Aug '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2010, 03:05:49 PM »
just wire it in man its easy as hell and you can get everything you need at a junkyard. those ORS harnesses are a joke prolly why they are no longer in business!

That's a really ignorant thing to say. Mike put out an extremely good product. Was it expensive for what you got? Yeah. Why? B/c you paid for the time and effort put into making the harness... which w/ all the different variations of motor and vehicle, that can be a daunting task. So that's why they were $600. Also, they did excellent fab work... unfortunately, the economy ate them alive.

87pickup

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
That's a really ignorant thing to say. Mike put out an extremely good product. Was it expensive for what you got? Yeah. Why? B/c you paid for the time and effort put into making the harness... which w/ all the different variations of motor and vehicle, that can be a daunting task. So that's why they were $600. Also, they did excellent fab work... unfortunately, the economy ate them alive.

Agreed, i have a ORS harness and think it was a smart choice. And the quality that went into the harness is great. Most the 3rz swaps i see here arent wired and where near as clean as mine with the ors harness.