Author Topic: Anyone know what engine this is in an 82 truck?  (Read 2587 times)

Aaronm

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 164
  • Male Posts: 404
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
Anyone know what engine this is in an 82 truck?
« on: Feb 08, 2010, 06:05:11 PM »
Out at the junk yard today I found this 82 4x4 that someone had swapped in the engine in the picture. It has dual mikuni carbs on it and it is all hooked up to a toy transfercase. I think the swap kit and carbs have to be worth something. I just don't have the time to go pull it out and find out what the stuff is worth. Let me know if you have any idea about what it is and if it's worth going back for.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Bobby Hunter

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 53
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Sep '09
  • Bobby Hunter
    • View Profile
is a 4cyl motor look at the trans see if its a turbo ?
Tech head for 2nd gen Runners

Aaronm [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
Transmission was a standard I'm guessing 5 speed no turbo.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
:drool:  OMG  thats a 18RG :love:

if the head has Yamaha on the side of it i'm going to faint :hyper:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

86toyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 353
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
    • Montana 4x4 Association
arent those like 2.0l twin cam race motors?
T86OTA

Aaronm [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
What did that motor come in? I Saw toyota on the head.

bleakhorizon

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 803
  • Member since Jul '07
  • I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    • View Profile
prob an 18rg   could be a worthwhile engine to run but there usually a high reving engine not a 4x4 low power type engine....im sure you could build it to be a 4x4 ride

might be a 2t also..... dont know if they bolt up to the pu transmissions though.....   they used to be very popular engines to tune... some with upwards off 200 hp....

If that one has a yamaha head on it grab the engine and sell if to a corrola/celica guy for some coin
Those are some huge welds!

Tillamook, OR

bleakhorizon

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 803
  • Member since Jul '07
  • I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    • View Profile
nvrmind i just looked up the 2t and the coolant hose is on the wrong side......im def thinking its the 18rg.........  I would snag the puppy....
Those are some huge welds!

Tillamook, OR

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
where's it at??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
arent those like 2.0l twin cam race motors?
:yupyup:

Aaronm [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
Bakersfield CA, if anyone is near and wants to jump on it let me know. I would rather someone who could use it get it than me.

Richmondo

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
the service manager at my old dealership had a pick-up with and 18-RG in it. I always wonder what the hell it was...
It was just crazy to see this deer leap all suicidal style off this embankment right in front of us.

crazykooter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -369
  • Male Posts: 1,418
  • Member since Apr '09
  • Located in Byron, CA
    • View Profile
The 18RG is one of the best motors for drifting.  If its still there then let me know and I will make the 2+ hr drive to pull it.  They rev like hell and love it !!!  As for wheeling with it ?  I am sure it would do fine but you would be using high rpms.  Same concept as the honda vortec powered rock buggies.

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
It's from an early Celica as far as I can tell.  Probably bolts right up to the 22r bell housing with no swap parts since the early celicas had the 20r later on.
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K