Author Topic: 3RZ into 1st gen truck hard to get smogged ? Cali  (Read 1422 times)

crazykooter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -369
  • Male Posts: 1,418
  • Member since Apr '09
  • Located in Byron, CA
    • View Profile
3RZ into 1st gen truck hard to get smogged ? Cali
« on: Sep 06, 2009, 06:21:24 AM »
How hard is it to get a 3RZ to become smog legal here in cali ?  I actually can get the whole truck which is an 83 with a 3rz in it and it runs well.  Just the 83 its in is rather rigged in well just about everything.  I can get the whole truck for 800.00 or just the engine and everything else that it needs to run minus a trans and tcase since he put in a 2wd trans.   I really would love to have the power of a 3RZ in my truck.   Heck I could prob get just the engine and wiring comp ect for 450.00.  Let me know what yall think.  Since my truck is DD I cant do a project that takes 2 weeks. 

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Why not get the whole truck and finish it right rather than having you dd down? 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

crazykooter [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -369
  • Male Posts: 1,418
  • Member since Apr '09
  • Located in Byron, CA
    • View Profile
Why not get the whole truck and finish it right rather than having you dd down? 
Not sure if I can fix whats wrong with it.  He just did some really odd things to the truck.  Would require a lot of time and money but so would the swap.  Kind of mute point since I need to finish my truck 1st.

Thanks for the link and I have read it before but I was an still am unsure how hard the ref stations are on swaps like this.  I see marlins test score which are good but sad to say my 22R carb engine scored lower. Odd   Anyhow I will talk to a friend who is a smog only tech and see what he has to say. 

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Years ago one of the magazines took a jeep with a buick v6 to a smog shop and it passed the current emissions for newer vehicles of the time.  It was probably around 10 years ago
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!