Author Topic: Obama and YOUR kids sept 8  (Read 7326 times)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Re: Obama and YOUR kids sept 8
« Reply #30 on: Sep 05, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »
Well, if that is what is talked about Tuesday...the gloves will come off. Otherwise, that's just a lefty PSA and they're entitled to their position...outside the classroom.

On another note...are all those people famous? I know I'm out of the loop on pop culture, but I only recognized a 4 or 5 of them.
Agreed 100%, though I sense that's nothing more than the lefty PSA.  While there were a few universally good ideas sprinkled in there, most of that was nothing more than each of the individual's own personal thoughts, feelings, agendas etc. As to someone else's 'pledges', I could not possibly care less, especially when it's coming from someone using their 'celebrity' and recognition factor to push their ideals on the rest of us. I am offended that they would name organizations which they feel we should support, and I am outraged that they suggest anyone should 'be a servant to' any president.

My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sep 05, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »
I am outraged that they suggest anyone should 'be a servant to' any president.

They, as usual, have it backwards.  :gap:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sep 05, 2009, 03:48:34 PM »
But normal, I suppose, for some whose chosen Pres has assumed a monarch-like role....

or at least tried to. 
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

bako88

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 11
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sep 05, 2009, 08:34:22 PM »
Bush primed this country for Dem. Presidency.  I hate all of 'em.  Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc. etc.  There all scum suckers.  You have to be if you want to be a politician.

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sep 05, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »
I beg to differ!  It does seem to be the norm, but if you knew the first thing about politics you'd know that reagan was not scum, and we also have (had) a local rep who seemed purely interested in serving the people and making things better for us all.  He served his last term and was running for state senate or something, last I heard.  I doubt he's ready for the presidency, but I can only think we'd be in a much better place if more of our reps put the people first!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

NoPower

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 80
  • Member since Mar '07
  • Wish the 87 had V8 power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sep 07, 2009, 04:39:17 PM »
Ok I usually do NOT get involved in topics like this. However I recently returned from a deployment to Afghanistan so I feel I have a right to voice my opinion. Let me try to understand this. My children can NOT pledge the allegiance to the flag in class anymore because it might offend someone but they have to listen to this man preach during class time??? :screwy: I'm sorry but what in the hell is this country coming to :hammer:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sep 07, 2009, 08:27:01 PM »
Ok I usually do NOT get involved in topics like this. However I recently returned from a deployment to Afghanistan so I feel I have a right to voice my opinion. Let me try to understand this. My children can NOT pledge the allegiance to the flag in class anymore because it might offend someone but they have to listen to this man preach during class time??? :screwy: I'm sorry but what in the hell is this country coming to :hammer:

very good question, and thank you for your service :usa:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #38 on: Sep 08, 2009, 06:41:04 AM »
very good question, and thank you for your service :usa:

:werd: Thank you NoPower :usa: :beerchug:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sep 08, 2009, 11:16:32 AM »

Ok I usually do NOT get involved in topics like this.

However I recently returned from a deployment to Afghanistan so I feel I have a right to voice my opinion.

I'm sorry but what in the hell is this country coming to :hammer:

Maybe...you should respond to these topics more often. The only way to advance an ideology or find it's flaws is to talk...to those you agree with and more importantly, with those you don't.

You've always had a right to opine...that's just one of the marvelous freedoms we enjoy in this country. Thanks to you and legions of others that answered the call to serve.  :usa:

Being an old fart...I've been asking that for the last 30 years. Now, more and more people are asking that alongside me.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2009, 11:37:49 AM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)