Author Topic: OUT OF CONTROL!!!!  (Read 2517 times)

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
Re: OUT OF CONTROL!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2009, 07:32:32 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that during that scuffle I overheard that the ambulance was involned in an accident and didn't stop.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2009, 11:18:28 AM »
power tripping LEO's
hope they all lost their jobs putting the ladies emergency on "pause" while they pulled that crap, and to the 'tough guy' that had a choke hold on the EMT, looks like he's lucky the EMT used restraint and knew better because he looked like a big boy that woulda popped your head like zit if he had the chance

THK Matt [OP]

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that during that scuffle I overheard that the ambulance was involned in an accident and didn't stop.

that doesn't freaking matter!

there is a lady in that ambulance who is struggling for her life! they could have dealt with that accident in a WAY DIFFERENT MANNER!

like hello let them bring her to the ER THEN deal with the accident.... becauce from the video.. that ambulance looks FINE!

those state troopers handled in a horrible manner and I hope all of them are YANKED of any high rank.

what the hell ever happen to EMS,FIRE and Police having the right a way? this is complete bullcrap.

"you are under arrest" thats just dandy while a lady is dying inside.
come on people use your heads.

power tripping LEO's
hope they all lost their jobs putting the ladies emergency on "pause" while they pulled that crap, and to the 'tough guy' that had a choke hold on the EMT, looks like he's lucky the EMT used restraint and knew better because he looked like a big boy that woulda popped your head like zit if he had the chance

A-MEN!
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2009, 07:33:13 AM by BigMike »
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

Bazzi

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 97
  • Male Posts: 1,095
  • Member since May '04
  • From Reykjavik Iceland...
    • View Profile
    • R&T
« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »
do these guy´s get any training at all??? I mean he had no controll over the guy or himself. what was that choke gonna do ? he should know better than that. The EMT had more controll over himself and the cops
4runner body on a hilux frame = Hi-Runner.
 2,4 dti duals 2,28 x 2,28 to 8" 5.71 with arb´s  and 39,5" trxus
gathering parts for my goal which is
350 Chevy 700r4 auto to 2.28 x 4.70  and 4.88 9,5" cruisers diffs,diamondaxles and cable lockers, 44" richard cepecs

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2009, 01:25:34 PM »

This was all over pirate a few weeks back and IIRC the ambulance would not pull over and yield to the cops who were "rushing" to an "emergency" call. You can hear the cop mention it several times, something like "We are in a hurry to get to a call and you wont pull over for us"

Well if they were in such a hurry why didnt they just pass em. Now I dont know how emergency vehicle protocol works, maybe someone in law enforcement/fire/EMT can chime in, but I would think an ambulance or a fire truck would not need to yield to a police car, especially if the condition and circumstances of the patient in the vehicle is unknown. Seems to me if anything, the cops should be the ones that have to yield to Ambulances, but I dont really know anything about the rules of who has to yield to who.

I think its pretty obvious though that the cops were WAY out of hand, and being very combative about the whole situation. And choking the guy was definitely a step too far. Really it was just a pathetic video, one of those "Did I really just watch that?" kind of things. Just plain stupid. I would be seriously embarrassed if I was a cop in that precinct.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »
Obviously every state's laws are a little different, but in most cases, when emergency vehicles use their lights and sirens, they are "requesting" the right of way.  There is no law that states you HAVE to pull over to allow them past.  However, you can get into obstructing justice charges, that kind of thing.  That has a tough time standing up in court though.

If the ambulance was involved in an accident, they should have stopped, and handled it.  There are protocols in most, if not all, departments to handle that type of thing.  A second ambulance could have been called to the scene to transport the patient, or a quick exchange of info could take place and be on their way. 

Obviously we don't know everything, but from the video, it did not appear the code 3 lights of the ambulance were on.  This would indicate that although the patient inside needed care, it was not life threatening.  It is highly unlikely that they would have turned those lights off when getting pulled over, it is more commonplace to actually turn them on, for visibility purposes. 

It definitely should have been handled differently, if nothing else, it makes the public servants look bad, it strains the relationship between the public servants, (very important to have fire, police, ems, etc. on good terms, we rely on each other on a regular basis) and caused a break in the quality of care the patient was receiving, as well possibly causing a longer wait time for whoever the cops were going to.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 1,968
  • Member since Oct '07
  • BORN TO WHEEL, FORCED TO WORK...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2009, 04:07:10 PM »
if I were that emt getting choked I would have knocked the dog :pokinit: out of that pregnant dog ass cop!!! what a bunch of :pokinit:
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com
www.myspace.com/choptechfab

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39494.0

THK Matt [OP]

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2009, 05:17:46 PM »
I totally agree with everything said.

its :pokinit: like this... that makes us as citizens...... NOT want the service they try and provide.
regardless of what happened prior to the stop.... it was handled wrongly.
I saw this on the news and about :pokinit: my pants.

cops these days are serisously out of hand.
and yes it gives them all a bad reputation.

idk about you.... but to me EMS is the most important of the three.
and for them to handle it the way they did, shows poor training.
what academy did they attend?! i mean seriously boys.

anyways, I felt this was a much needed post on here.
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2009, 07:33:47 AM by BigMike »
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8