Author Topic: COOPER DISCOVER STT  (Read 3422 times)

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
COOPER DISCOVER STT
« on: May 27, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »
35x12.50 ON A 8x15 RIM

Love them quiet on the road and smooth on the rocks I ran 10 LBS of air in each and they  did great good sidewall flex didnt lose any big chuncks and they held on great when doin some good off camber stuff

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

Joey88RUNR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 1,057
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
Re: COOPER DISCOVER STT
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »
are they pretty soft?..a friend of mine has these and loves them especailly for the price
SaS'd Dual ultimate crawler w/5.29s Aussie front/detriot Rear, 35's Mtr's with kevlar

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
are they pretty soft?..a friend of mine has these and loves them especailly for the price

not to much they held up well and when i looked out of my window they were folded up and holding well
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 10:36:30 PM »
I had 2 sets of the previous style cooper stt and loved them!  Excellent tread compound, hooked up well on pavement and dirt (where my pro comp muds are falling way short) and did excellent in the mud!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

TRHS1980

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 234
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2009, 12:30:41 PM »
I've heard a few people say they loved the tires, but they didn't last very long. Anybody have any experience with that? Looking at getting either the STT or the KM2s. I can get either set for basically the same price, but I'm worried about treadlife on a DD.
2007 Tacoma 4x4 6-speed on 35's

"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2009, 08:07:37 PM »
I put about 20,000 miles on the first set I had and saw very little wear, put over 45,000 on the last set before retiring them due to excessive checking form sitting around.  Can't speak to the new ones though.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »
one of our Arkansas TTORA guys got a set and they had bad troubles

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124271&page=2   post # 59

I've had my Cooper's for about 800 miles now. All on highway driving. They are literally falling apart. I took my truck to the tire shop and showed the guy what was going on. I said no thanks on the Coopers. He is making it right and ordered me a set of Maxxis Bighorns. Here is what my tires look like after 800 miles. Not f-ing happy! I sent Cooper an email and they didn't even respond to me. With this kind of results and potential blow out hazard you would think they would at least respond to me or at least sent me a response apoligizing. Says a lot about Cooper in my eyes. I hope I have better luck with the Bighorns.

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »
I know where's he's coming from, I've never recieved an email back from any company when reporting an issue with one of their products.  I wouldn't sweat it in his case though, he's already having the issue taken care of by the tire dealer, which is how it should be anyway, so anything over that is just pushing the issue.  The dealer will take care of dealing with cooper.

Every company in every aspect of every field has quality control issues or plain old product failure.  I don't recall the exact figure, but a much higher percentage of home/general electronics fail coming off the assembly line than you'd expect.

I believe those were st and not stt also, not that it makes a big difference in the nature of the failure.
RIP KYOTA

newmexicocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2009, 07:59:29 AM »
 We use these on our work trucks and have good luck with them on the street and dirt, no knowledge of how they do in the rocks.....Heath.