Author Topic: Who is near Chula Vista!!??  (Read 2147 times)

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Who is near Chula Vista!!??
« on: May 20, 2009, 07:24:23 PM »
The shout box voices aren't helping me out.  What is there to know about Chula Vista and the near area?  I got a possible job offer from Goodrick over there.  I am usually dead set against Cali, but things have been happening at work that don't make me a happy camper.  I might consider this.  I see already that housing is typical high prices for the area, but there seems to be plenty available.  Hmm wonder why.

Neither of my trucks would hold up to emissions, that is an issue.  I would be keeping residence in KS though so I could leave the 4 runner here for now and just get a temp wheeler for the time in Cali. 

Help me out...is it a good place to go?  How are things on the ground in Commieville?  Real bad with the economy and government problems or are you dealing?
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

llamas

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 142
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
Re: Who is near Chula Vista!!??
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »
The shout box voices aren't helping me out.  What is there to know about Chula Vista and the near area?  I got a possible job offer from Goodrick over there.  I am usually dead set against Cali, but things have been happening at work that don't make me a happy camper.  I might consider this.  I see already that housing is typical high prices for the area, but there seems to be plenty available.  Hmm wonder why.

Neither of my trucks would hold up to emissions, that is an issue.  I would be keeping residence in KS though so I could leave the 4 runner here for now and just get a temp wheeler for the time in Cali. 

Help me out...is it a good place to go?  How are things on the ground in Commieville?  Real bad with the economy and government problems or are you dealing?
I lived in caly for 58yrs i'm not there anymore ..brush up on your spanglish and check out what barios are cause there's lots of em take a bunch of money to get started and then when you get a regular paycheck most of what comes in goes out it's all relative good luck !!
I'd find another place to live and work it would be cheaper...remember caly is super duper broke and they need all the revenue they can get so the cops and every bauracracy want in your wallet..later
don whitman

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 07:41:52 PM »
That is waaay down south. You'd be a bit southwest of the rock brawlers...southwest of the hammers but pretty close.

and you can go down to TJ and mule up some money during the weekends. :deal:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 07:45:41 PM »

and you can go down to TJ and mule up some money during the weekends. :deal:

or tote some guns down...you know, kind of justify Janet's paranoia!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

yjay

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 555
  • Member since Feb '09
  • SFA Station Wagon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »
I lived north of San Diego till 04. There's places near Chula Vista that are cool and are smog exempt I believe such as Alpine.
Glad I moved to WA.
It's a buyers market for houses for sure down there now.
22re Daily Driver
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56568.0
91 4Runner-R151f, MC07,23 spline duals, Marlin 1200lb clutch, 85 Front axle, Leaf swap rear, Yukon 5.29's, BFG KM2 35's, Detroit, OBA, 280k

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 11:44:12 PM »
Can't help you on the location, but you might consider green stickering the rig while you're in CA, if you decide to make the move :dunno: 

I don't know the specifics of green stickering, but if your rig is a trailer queen, it might be worth looking into.  I'm not sure how easy it would be to get it registered in a different state once its been green stickered in CA though :dunno:

What kind of truck do you have now?  If its diesel, CA still isn't smogging those, to my knowledge at least. (Don't keep track, as I don't live there anymore :gap: )
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 07:24:22 AM »
Seems like every time I look at a job in Cali the deck is so stacked against the state that is just isn't worth it.  I guess I will have to see what happens at work in the next couple of weeks.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 12:40:51 PM »
I live in eastern San Diego county right now.  Santee to be exact.  The real estate here is way more reasonable now than 3 years ago (even though it is still way more expensive than the rest of the country).  My little condo had over tripled in value since I bought in '99 and then went way back down when the housing market took a crap.  Thank God I still have a little equity.

There is a lot of housing available in the Chulavista area because there was a bunch of new developments going up back in '03 in the Eastlake area of Chulavista.  The people that got in there had variable rate interest loans and then couldn't get re-financed when there property value went down.  So now there is a ton of bank repos in the area.

Goodrich sounds like a good company too.  I just golfed with a tooling engineer for Goodrich and he loves his job and it sounds like they treat him well.

Considering all of this, things will definately cost you more in Commofornia, like vehicle registration, property tax, gas, and state income tax.  Personally, I'm fed up with all of the buerocracy of this state and it's financial instability.  My wife and I are looking to move to CO after having lived all of our lives in CA.  I'd rather live in an area that has air I can't see and a house where we can raise a family and no HOA's to tell us what we can and can't do to our place.

If you have any more concerns, you can PM me.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »
Thanks...I am gonna keep the job in the back of my mind, but the more I look into it the less it seems feasible.  It would just take too much upheaval to comply with all of Cali's laws and vehicle regs.

They have HOAs everywhere though...even in KS.  Retarded, I would never buy property with an HOA.  I own it then I make the rules, period.

Then again, the .gov is one huge HOA now-a-days anyhow.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »
Chula Vista and the surrounding area isn't so bad, you will be pretty well placed with a lot of 4 wheeling close by. As to registering your rigs I don't see much of a problem as long as you are keeping the KS home. I and I have had out of state plates on some of my vehicles. I just tell them I have my home here & my home in AZ and am constantly driving back and forth. I too don't want to stay here for the reasons sited in earlier posts, the budget is in the tank here and they are trying to squeeze us any and every way they can.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you