Author Topic: If you saw this ad on craigslist  (Read 3348 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
If you saw this ad on craigslist
« on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:29:15 PM »
What would be your first thought?  Now, if you happened to send an email to the guy suggesting he list a vital missing piece of info, would you be surprised when he emailed you back telling you to "flopp off dooooosh"?  Seriously, cause I was. 

http://redding.craigslist.org/spo/1109699586.html

WOLF MILITARY CLASSIC

1000 rounds in sealed case $475

That's it, the entire ad.  No caliber or suggestion of caliber to skirt the craigslist flag nazzis.  I sent him an email saying "Might help to include what caliber it is!", and he responded with that.  Some people suck at life!  I was merely trying to suggest the guy give more info for those of us who might be interested, but apparently nancy's dad didn't hug him enough, or maybe hugged him in the wrong way  :outtahere:

I did go so far as suggesting he drink a nice tall glass of bleach if he was going to be so sensetive, but I removed that and made my response a little less confrontational.  A little.  People like him are the reason why so many people don't like gun owners  :shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
Re: If you saw this ad on craigslist
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »
so he's really going to be pissed now  :talkingn:

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:44:06 PM »
Did you mention while you were suggesting to him to list a caliber that Wolf ammo sucks balls???  :gap:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »
Did you mention while you were suggesting to him to list a caliber that Wolf ammo sucks balls???  :gap:

yup the irony of this guy calling anyone a doooosh while in possesion of wolf ammo is  :talkingn:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
Why do you think he's selling it  :talkingn:  I'm sure he will be more pissed, but hopefully he'll realize how ridiculous it was for him to fly off like that in the first place.  Hopefully  :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:51:41 PM »
let us know if you get anymore hate mail, cuz he'll probably think you flagged his ad  :lipsrsealed:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »
Wolf does actually make some decent ammo, but their military classic is little more than a means of throwing lead down range.  Sad thing is, I think he's asking at least $100 more than that crap costs  :haha:  They had federal .223 locally for less than that recently!
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »
let us know if you get anymore hate mail, cuz he'll probably think you flagged his ad  :lipsrsealed:

I'm sure he will, he's probably that dumb.  There are always morons on there ranting about *the person* who keeps flaggin their ads, and it even says in more than one place on craigslist that it takes multiple people to flag an ad  :haha: 
RIP KYOTA

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:58:54 PM »
Wolf does actually make some decent ammo, but their military classic is little more than a means of throwing lead down range.  Sad thing is, I think he's asking at least $100 more than that crap costs  :haha:  They had federal .223 locally for less than that recently!

$475 for 1000 rounds of Wolf ammo is pretty ridiculous... Im pretty sure we sell 7.62x39, 1000 rounds FMJ/HP copper or non copper jacketed for less than $250.... I could be wrong but I am almost positive its $247 for 1000 rounds. I dont think its much more for 223.

Wolf isnt THAT bad but I would shoot pretty much anything else before Wolf if I had a chance. Worth stocking up on if you can't find anything else for that "End of days/Apocalypse ammo stash"  :gap:

85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
I hear some people have issues with wolf mil classic feeding or cycling in various AR style rifles, as well as mini 14/30.  I think I'd look at buying ammo from you guys before getting wolf, but I've heard good stuff about some other stuff of theirs, match I believe?  I'd buy a box of mil classic and a box of baunell and shoot them back to back.  Lots of people seem to really like baurnell, and it's as cheap or cheaper than wolf.

I'm not a huge fan of 7.62x39, but for how cheap it is to shoot, I wouldn't mind getting a semi auto that shoots it.  I'd still much prefer to have a semi auto .308 rifle though  :wink2:  Something along the lines of an dpms lr308 with smooth stock would be my preference in an end of days scenario  :thumbs: 
RIP KYOTA

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2009, 06:22:49 PM »
I hear some people have issues with wolf mil classic feeding or cycling in various AR style rifles, as well as mini 14/30.  I think I'd look at buying ammo from you guys before getting wolf, but I've heard good stuff about some other stuff of theirs, match I believe?  I'd buy a box of mil classic and a box of baunell and shoot them back to back.  Lots of people seem to really like baurnell, and it's as cheap or cheaper than wolf.

I'm not a huge fan of 7.62x39, but for how cheap it is to shoot, I wouldn't mind getting a semi auto that shoots it.  I'd still much prefer to have a semi auto .308 rifle though  :wink2:  Something along the lines of an dpms lr308 with smooth stock would be my preference in an end of days scenario  :thumbs: 

Yeah the military classic is notorious for jamming issues, Wolf claims that the lacquer coating helps to lubricate when chambering but when used in a semi auto it heats up and eventually gums up the chamber. The non military classic isnt that bad but I'd still opt for other options before Wolf if given the chance.

I am trying to stay away from buying a gun that fires 7.62x39 but I really want an SKS. :gap:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2009, 06:49:35 PM »
An sks would just make too perfect an option for a truck gun.  Throw it behind the seat and forget about it till you need it  ;)
RIP KYOTA

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2009, 06:51:50 PM »
An sks would just make too perfect an option for a truck gun.  Throw it behind the seat and forget about it till you need it  ;)

Haha hell yeah :thumbsup:

KYOTA

• Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2009, 10:17:58 AM »

I am trying to stay away from buying a gun that fires 7.62x39 but I really want an SKS. :gap:

I know where you might find one  :psss:

Plekto

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 27
  • Male Posts: 863
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 09, 2009, 04:56:48 PM »
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?p=785244

Apparently buying 1000 rounds of anything now is considered "bad" by the ATF/Homeland Security/whatever they are calling themselves now.

Yes, it's dated three weeks ago, roughly.  Just thought you'd all like to know...

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
I think that same article was posted on pirate, and one guy said he recently went in on a group buy of 28,000 rounds of .308 and never heard anything from atf or anybody else.  Said they dropped a pallet of ammo in his driveway and took off  :haha:
RIP KYOTA

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2009, 09:07:48 PM »
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?p=785244

Apparently buying 1000 rounds of anything now is considered "bad" by the ATF/Homeland Security/whatever they are calling themselves now.

Yes, it's dated three weeks ago, roughly.  Just thought you'd all like to know...

We sell pretty much anything in a 1,000 round pack besides 22 and 17 which gets sold in much larger quantities like 5,000 :gap:

If the ATF is "concerned" about 1,000 round sales they have about a few million people to track who buy 10s of thousands of rounds from us on a regular basis :P

Plekto

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 27
  • Male Posts: 863
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Apr 10, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »
My guess is that where you live and what you have on your record matters, too.  But apparently someone does filter through the larger sales looking for suspicious activity.