Author Topic: "Kids on the Rocks" annual run-June 27,2009  (Read 1327 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
"Kids on the Rocks" annual run-June 27,2009
« on: Mar 25, 2009, 11:32:29 PM »
Every year Mud, Sweat and Gears 4wd club of Sonora puts on an event we call "Kids on the Rocks" It is a one day trip where we take several developmentally disabled "kids" out 4-wheeling for the day. We gather as many drivers as possible to take them on a short trip through part of the Niagra Rim Trail. The trip is then followed by a BBQ, and a visit from Smokey The Bear. This is a very special event for those who are less fortunate than the rest of us. It is an opportunity for us to give a bit of enjoyment to these wonderful people. This has been a tradition for over 20 years, and is highly supported by the Forest Service. We usually will have somewhere around 30-50 “kids”, and will need as many drivers as possible.

For those who live in the Nor-Cal region, especially Fresno, Merced, Stockton, Walnut Creek regions, it is a short drive up Hwy 108. We’d love to have some additional support this year, as we’re expecting a large turnout. Even if you only have one “open seat” that you could provide, we’d appreciate your attendance.

This is a completly free event. There is no charge to the "kids" or the drivers. It is 100% sponsored by the club, and supported by donations. We are always willing to accept donations to help defray the costs of providing food, hats, pictures etc to the Kids. There is also a Drivers Gift. (Last year it was an embroidered hat, year before it was a shirt etc.) Even if you can’t come to the event, but would like to help out, please PM me, and I can give you more details.

This years event it will be on June 27th. There is campground available (1st come 1st serve), and lots of dispersed camping is available as well. There are several great trails in the area, which range from mild to almost wild (Not the Rubi or Hammers), but still fun. I’ll be looking for a head count as we get closer, so please check your calendars, and if you’re not already engaged, please come up and join us.

Thank you!
Erik
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2009, 11:38:33 PM by germ »
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!